• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The pull of contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
    I was positively hunted down by a Windows shop when most of my experience was on Linux - they're starting to see the light (and M$ are facilitating it)
    Yes but the average agency drone won't do that...

But that wasn't the point I was making to the OP
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Yes but the average agency drone won't do that...

But that wasn't the point I was making to the OP
      What Mal says. There are always odd exceptions like this which are great when they happen but they aren't enough to base a long term contract career on.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
        I was positively hunted down by a Windows shop when most of my experience was on Linux - they're starting to see the light (and M$ are facilitating it)
        I currently am in a similar situation but I didn't go contracting on that. I went with the knowledge I had. I then had to learn new skills between contracts then choose which contracts to take so I could use these skills in addition to my main skill.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X