• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

got first contract! and problem with Qdos order

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got first contract! and problem with Qdos order

Applied for it last Monday, was told I was successful on Thursday without an Interview and contract received and signed yesterday!

It's public sector, inside IR35 and initially for 2 months but not really worrying about those just now. I'm just relieved to get a contract.
    I had already setup my ltd co so going to use that instead of umbrella.

I just ordered public liability and professional indemnity from Qdos but nothing is showing in orders or policies. There's a pending transaction for it on my card. I have a headache at the minute so it's possible I did something wrong or didn't read something properly. Should I see the order and policy straight away?

You should receive an email with the policy documents and invoice attached.
    If you haven't got this just ring up them up - simples...

Comment

I haven't got any email either and they're closed now.

I have to be in for 11 on Monday so I'll phone them as soon as they open.

Comment

You can't use ltd for inside ir35 PAYE or brolly

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
          eh? The agent told me to talk to my accountant to help decide between using my ltd or an umbrella.
          Talked to accountant and decided to use my ltd and contract is made out to my ltd co.
          Mainly because I didn't want to close it down so soon and it's a short contract so could have one outside IR35 later.

I know I'll not have the tax benefits of outside IR35 and the company will be running at a loss because the income isn't counted towards profits.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
            Nonsense.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Qdos saw this thread and after a couple of PMs the issue has been resolved and I have my documents.

I'm really impressed with that service especially on a Sunday!

Comment

Working...
              X