• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Intro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro

Been reading the forum for a few years but have just registered so that I can post/contribute.

Recently taken the move from perm to contracting after a sixteen year perm position. I can imagine the comments, quite a leap etc. but I'd been thinking about it for years and had built up a decent war chest / negotiated a good exit as I discussed with employer half way through a large programme I was working on i.e. "I'll stay to finish it provided you give me a decent exit handshake".

Anyway, left perm in early April and spend a few weeks finalising the last few bits with Ltd and also doing some AWS Certifications. Started first contract (six month) in May so not that much time with my feet up but thought I'd best take the work while it was about.

Might have just been luck but I had a couple of offers to choose from (I'm a Programme/Project Manager largely infrastructure based with lots of Logistics/Defence experience). So far really enjoying the flexibility of contracting having been on the other end of the fence i.e. recruiting them to compliment a perm team.

Anyway - that's me.

Originally posted by fatJock View Post
    just registered so that I can post/contribute.
    Welcome Jock, enjoy and good luck.

one day at a time

Comment

Do you like Gladiators?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

****, I've attracted NLUK already

Comment

****, I've attracted NLUK already
          I like to vet the new users. Nothing worse than a gladiator hating newbie that doesn't know how to bleed a radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I like to vet the new users. Nothing worse than a gladiator hating newbie that doesn't know how to bleed a radiator.
            And yet nothing about the Chutney Spoon.

Are you Spoonist or something

And yet it should be noted that being able to fix a broken cable on an electric mower seems to be the new "in demand" skill.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...wer-cable.html
            Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 23 May 2017, 17:24.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Haha NLUK.

Not a fan of Gladiators but can bleed a radiator. Sadly I've also recently had to repair the GF's mower cable after she had an accident.

I'll be screwed when I'm benched, seriously going to have to save up some of these chores .....

**** it, when inevitably benched I'll offer mower repairs for charity rates

Comment

Haha NLUK.

Not a fan of Gladiators but can bleed a radiator. Sadly I've also recently had to repair the GF's mower cable after she had an accident.

I'll be screwed when I'm benched, seriously going to have to save up some of these chores .....

**** it, when inevitably benched I'll offer mower repairs for charity rates
                WTF!!!! Admin, get over here, wield thine ban hammer and cast this heathen from our ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  WTF!!!! Admin, get over here, wield thine ban hammer and cast this heathen from our ranks.
                  Hang on, he may be able to redeem himself .

@fatJock When partaking in an Indian meal and chutney is offered, after application to poppadom or plate, do you lick the spoon before putting it back into the pot ?

If you don't like an Indian, any similar analogy will do as long as it involves a mutually shared spoon.

Thanks.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Hahah - I just dip the popadom in the bowl and go from there. Screw the spoon but heaven help those who don't like a double dip.

I imagine that's the same as licking the spoon before chucking it back in. I'm a heathen

Comment

Working...
                    X