• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the recruiter BS'ing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the recruiter BS'ing?

I'm taking the plunge into contracting, currently have 2.5+ years of the experience going full stack javascript (React/Node/Angular) in London. A recruiter today told me the contracting scene in London is drying up because of Brexit, I assumed with was just some BS to get me into some perm role with the higher commission for himself.

I'd thought I'd ask here just to make sure!

Thank you!

Contract market drying up all over.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...te-market.html

Comment

You will probably still find contract roles for your skill set as certain skills are in vogue now.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The contract market is fairly quiet right now. An agent might be trying to steer you towards s permanent role only if they have one to offer you where they think you could get it. They will not turn away business on the off chance that some time in the next few months something might come up and you might be available.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          You will probably still find contract roles for your skill set as certain skills are in vogue now.
          Brexit negotiators?

Comment

Originally posted by lofty View Post
            .... was just some BS.....
            It's a matter of professional integrity, they would be laughed out of the profession if there wasn't some element of BS. I've been approached over several permie roles in the last two weeks, either not commutable or woefully low rates. With any luck these will be contracts in the next couple of months.

Comment

It couldn't just be a lame way of saying thanks bit no thanks. Got plenty of seasoned contractors with much more experience on his radar?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Lol, 2.5 years of full stack Javascript experience is seasoned, that's at least five different complete changes of framework most places right?

Comment

Working...
                X