• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie here....is Is there a section for non-IT contractors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here....is Is there a section for non-IT contractors?

Hi
    After searching, I thought I may as well ask the question...Are there any non-IT contractors on here and is any part of the forum dedicated to these?

Also, does anyone know a good link or site that gives realistic estimates of contractor day rates equivalent to a given permie rate?

W.E.

Although there are many IT contractors here, we're not all in IT. What sector are you in?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Workethic View Post
      Also, does anyone know a good link or site that gives realistic estimates of contractor day rates equivalent to a given permie rate?
      No there isn't. We regularly try and thrash this one out but never come up with anything really useable. Stuff like amount of travelling/expenses, contractor work not being guaranteed for the year, need of a warchest in contracting etc skew the numbers to the point any kind of sum will be so woolly it would be useless to make a decision based on it.

Here is a search link to a load of post where we've discussed it or people have had a stab at it. Where they have please don't get all rose tinted spectacles over it. The following posts usually debunk the numbers so read the whole thread.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...vVFYWfgAa9noFI

HTH.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hey thanks for your reply. Risk management.

Comment

Thank you for this. I appreciate the variables.
          I guess I'm keen to know individual views if even based on individual circumstances. I was surprised to read on here that someone on £60k permie was looking to contract at £400 per day. Maybe tech rates are generally higher than risk management, where I find that £550 per day jobs are demanding contractors with 10+ years experience, both technical and re managing teams. Such a person would be on maybe £90k permie in risk management - small gap in day rates, considering the large gap in permie salary.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          No there isn't. We regularly try and thrash this one out but never come up with anything really useable. Stuff like amount of travelling/expenses, contractor work not being guaranteed for the year, need of a warchest in contracting etc skew the numbers to the point any kind of sum will be so woolly it would be useless to make a decision based on it.

Here is a search link to a load of post where we've discussed it or people have had a stab at it. Where they have please don't get all rose tinted spectacles over it. The following posts usually debunk the numbers so read the whole thread.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...vVFYWfgAa9noFI

HTH.

Comment

It is still worth posting any non-IT contracting queries you have on here, and if people are able to answer they generally will.

Comment

Working...
            X