• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Misconduct and Application for Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misconduct and Application for Security Clearance

In April of 2016 I was terminated from a Corporate Radiation Safety Officer job that I held for 14 years. One night after work my assistant and I went to dinner to discuss task for the upcoming year. Since he is working from Ohio and I am in Texas I don't always know what he is doing. I asked that he begin sending me a list of items that he had worked on every three days or once a week and he got a little upset and thought that I was wanting to micro manage him. Long story short, words were said and he begin to get even more upset. Verbal threats were made towards me and the meeting ended. On the way home I sent him a couple of harsh text messages concerning the threats. He did not respond to the text messages but rather sent them to my boss. I called by supervisors and told them about the threats being made. I was going to end my employment but a week later I received a call stating that I was terminated due to the text messages. Foolishly I did not know this would be considered misconduct.

I am undergoing the process of having my background check ran for security clearance and indicated that my employer and I had a mutual separation. My background check information has already been sent to the government to begin checking my information provided. I do not want anyone to think that I was trying to lie about the reason I left my previous employer because of my ignorance of not thinking it was misconduct.

Should I contact them to correct the application after they have had it for two weeks or should I wait and discuss it with them if it comes up?

Working...
X