• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hi...About to go contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed first day in my first gig today.

Comment

Originally posted by DSF70 View Post

Congratulations!
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations. Welcome to the contracting world.

Comment

Winner!

Comment

Thanks all. Been a steep learning curve, but learned loads on here.

First week coincided with end of invoice period, so I've raised my first invoice too!

Comment

3 months in, and all going well. 50 minute commute is fine, enjoying listening to a bit more TalkSport or music.

My contract was initially 5 months to end at Xmas, but just got an extension to end of July 2017, so really pleased with that.

I chose Danbro as my accountant and that has gone smoothly. They give me FreeAgent as part of their service, and I've found it very useful, not just to keep track, but also improve my knowledge of my accounts. First VAT payment due in November!

Comment

Newbie to contracting

Hi all ,
                  I 'm currently in the process of leaving my employed job. I've had good meetings with a new customer. They have asked how much i charge for mileage to and from service calls and installs (pence per mile ) . I will be getting a transit sized van. Has anyone got any ideas of the going rate for this?
                  Thanks in advance
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Cj1978 View Post
                    Hi all ,
                    I 'm currently in the process of leaving my employed job. I've had good meetings with a new customer. They have asked how much i charge for mileage to and from service calls and installs (pence per mile ) . I will be getting a transit sized van. Has anyone got any ideas of the going rate for this?
                    Thanks in advance
                    Chris
                    Why didn't you research this before?

Comment

Originally posted by Cj1978 View Post
                      Hi all ,
                      Thanks in advance
                      Chris
                      I'd do it for free. Good customer service and all that.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X