• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compusource, anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adamretter
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    So leave and either set up your own Ltd or go with a better umbrella company.
    Of course that is exactly what I will have to do. However according to Capita they have £3360 of my money that they were paid on the 22/03/2014, I do not intend to be robbed!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by adamretter View Post
    stuff
    So leave and either set up your own Ltd or go with a better umbrella company.

Leave a comment:

• adamretter
    replied
    WTF

So I do actually think that Compusource may have fixed their phone problems! I managed to get through to them on only the 3rd attempt, and Reena (who does still work there) graciously put me through to Maria. However prior to that I tried the alljobs.co.uk phone number because I thought there was a better chance of someone answering the phone... nope, no one answers that phone at all!

Maria was very upset that I had written up what happened yesterday and posted it on this forum. She also suggested that I would be collecting my P45 soon, so why was I making such an issue? As such it is evident that Compusource are well aware of what is happening and are even keeping an eye on the situation... if only they spent that time sorting our their payroll issues, there might be less for them to look at on the internet!

So Maria, if you are reading this, then yes, you did help me yesterday, and you are not a bad person, but I am angry because your company is holding onto my money and I really should not have had to take time off work and come to Uxbridge to get it! Also you assured me that a BACS payment had been made and that I would be paid by the end of the day... yet I was not paid!

So where are we? Maria tell's me that she will have to email the accounts department to chase my payment and that that will take 10 days. In my experience this means that absolutely nothing will happen, and I suggested as much to Maria. I also requested to talk to one of the Directors, and she explained that she is not allowed to put me through to them; if I was them I would not want to speak to angry people either! She also assured me that she would send me an email after our telephone conversation, stating exactly what was happening... I have yet to receive that email!

Will I paid in 10 days? Who knows? I suspect not! However, if I am not paid, I will certainly be pursuing this through every regulatory authority and generally making myself visible at all of their offices on a daily basis. To be frank, they have really rubbed me up the wrong way, a simple apology from them would have gone a long way!

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by adamretter View Post
    So after all of Maria's somewhat vague assurances...

Guess what? I have not been paid again!
    Time to look for another umbrella company perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• adamretter
    replied
    Not paid again!

So after all of Maria's somewhat vague assurances...

Guess what? I have not been paid again!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulG View Post
    in the meantime, I'm going to advising my current employers to stop payments going to Compusource and to direct to me instead as I fear this won't be the last time.
    1) Your current employer is Compusource. So you cannot ask your current employer to stop paying Compusource.

2) Assuming you mean you'll ask your current client to stop paying Compusource and to pay you direct, good luck with that. Firstly, they have a contract with Compusource (or possibly with an agent in between as well), and you are asking them to break that and to pay you directly as an individual. Secondly, if they wanted you as a direct employee, they would have taken you on as a direct employee. Thirdly, if they take you direct and you don't pay your taxes, they will be liable, so they aren't going to do this.

Before you make any suggestions to how they operate their business, you might want to make sure that you understand what is possible / probable and what isn't.

Leave a comment:

• adamretter
    replied
    Not Paid! @ Compusource's office!

I am a contractor whom was with Excellium and now with Compusource. Excellium were fine really, however for me Compusource have been an absolute pain since the start of November. I am paid on a weekly basis by Capita, which pays that money directly to Compusource. Since the start of November I have never been paid on time by Compusource, either payment has been very late or not at all and I have had to chase it. I think I have now been fed just about every excuse in the book!

I am meant to be paid on Tuesdays, I emailed Reena at Compusource (she was operating Goutham Birdy's email address, he does not seem to work there anymore) last Monday to check that there would be no problem this week, and received no response (which is not unusual). I also tried phoning, but I gave up after 8 attempts of what appears to be them hanging up on me (although they have claimed in the past that the phone system does not work). Unsurprisingly I was not paid on Tuesday AM, so I contacted Reena this time successfully by phone on the 5th attempt at 13.01pm, she told me that the payment had been authorized and absolutely would be in my account by the end of the day.

Yesterday, I had a call from the Bank about being overdrawn, it appears that I was not paid last Tuesday after all! I should have checked! In my defense it should not have been an issue, and I have been at the end of an intense Software Delivery phase, with little time for anything else. I am furious.

This morning, rather than going to work in West London, I have come down to the office address given at the bottom of Compusource emails - Compusource, Lakeside House, 1 Furzeground Way, Stockley Park East, Uxbridge, UB11 1BD. It is a Regus rented office, when I asked at reception no one seemed to know who Compusource were, eventually someone twigged that they are actually in the building under the name alljobs.co.uk. I asked to see Reena, and was shown to a meeting room.

I was met not by Reena but by a lady called Maria, she explained that Reena was not here (I do not know if that means that she no longer works there or not?). Maria listened to the fact that I had not been paid and went off to check some emails, after 10 minutes she returned. She said that Reena had emailed accounts when I spoke to her last Tuesday to chase my money and that it would take the accounts department 10 days. I explained that this was not what I was told at the time and was not acceptable. She then attempted several of the old excuses that I have been fed before about failing IT systems and new staff etc. I was also told that the accounts department were in another building in Uxbridge, and that she could only email them and that they rarely reply! When I suggested we phone them, she told me their telephone system was down, when I suggested that we use my phone, she told me that she did not know their phone number. Frankly, I do not believe any of this!

Eventually I explained that I had heard all of that before and would not be leaving until I was paid today.

Maria then went away to try and contact the Managing Director to arrange immediate payment. She returned to tell me that he was in a meeting, and that she hoped he would get back to her. I explained that I would wait around for a response. About 20 minutes later, she returned to tell me that I had been paid. Using my laptop I checked online banking and found that I had been paid for last Tuesday's missing payment. I asked her where today's payment was? Maria said that it would be in my account by the end of the day. I explained that I did not believe this would happen, and that I feared that I would then have to return here next Tuesday (if not before). At this point she became rather irate and started repeating the same old excuses, I asked for some sort of assurance that this would not happen again, and it became clear that she had very little confidence in me being paid on time again. She told me I would have to make an appointment if I wanted to come back, I then explained that whilst this was inconvenient for them, having to take time off work and not being able to pay my bills was significantly more inconvenient than what they were experiencing.

I asked what their Company Registration number was, Maria did not know, I asked her to find out, she said she could not. I suggested we look on Companies House WebCheck on my laptop, she said that she thinks it is the one for 'COMPUSOURCE LIMITED', which would make it: 07723428.

Whilst I was waiting for Maria to get things sorted, I discovered this forum, it was interesting and disappointing to see that others are having the same problem. I did a bit of digging on the web:

1) The registered address for compusource.co.uk is in fact: 35, Firs Avenue, London, N11 3NE, United Kingdom and the WHOIS record confirms the above company number, it looks like a residential address, perhaps this is the home address of the Managing Director?

2)The published address for alljobs.co.uk which appears to be operated by the same people: Cowley Mill Road, Brook House, Uxbridge, UB8 2QE, United Kingdom. Perhaps this is the address in Uxbridge that Maria alluded to when she said that the accounts department were somewhere else in Uxbridge? The WHOIS record shows that the registering entity was 'umbrelladetective', there are companies of both that name and all jobs present on Companies House WebCheck.
    However, it is worth noting that the address given in 'Contact Us' on the alljobs.co.uk website is: Unit 7, Brook Business Centre, Cowley Mill Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 2FX.

Finally, I asked how to contact Compusource in future. Maria suggested that I could phone them. When I reminded her the phone system did not work, she told me it was being fixed right now! She also said that I could email her on <email address removed>.

Hopefully this information is useful for everyone here, if I don't get paid again today, then I may well be coming back here tomorrow if anyone wishes to join me!
    Otherwise, I will be looking to leave Compusource as soon as possible and would suggest that others consider that as well.

Cheers Adam.
    Last edited by administrator; 2 April 2014, 14:15. Reason: Removed email address.

Leave a comment:

• PaulG
    replied
    Right so it continues...

I have spoken to Goutham who has left Compusource two months ago and is now working for JMK group. He provided a Maria @ compusource as a contact but I've already included her in my emails with no success.

Other than that, he wasn't able to provide much information.

I have called the building again and got through to the switchboard who were unable to get through to their offices.
    I am attempting other avenues to get through to the office directly and will keep you updated.

Leave a comment:

• PaulG
    replied
    mystery goes on...

Hi there,

It's personally a slight relief that I wasn't the only one under this Umbrella company with the same issues. I'm currently chasing them on pay from last week and it has been pretty much every payslip for the last several months I have had to email them to chase up. I've been fortunate to have had responses back from Goutham, or more recently, Reena the payroll assistant but this latest one has had absolutely nothing!

It's been a case where due to the phone ringing off everytime and the mails not being read or responded to that I have actually been doing some backround checks on the details provided by them.

Firstly, the address that gets provided on your payslips....yer they don't have an office there. Spoke to the site manager and instead, there is a company called alljobs there instead. I checked further, looking back at previous email communications and a second address provided was actually for Select Appointments in Uxbridge.

As it is though, I have managed to wrangle their sorry hides down to their latest office location in Uxbridge. Having spoken with the building staff on the phone there, they have confirmed that Compusource have an office at the following address:-

Lakeside House, 1 Furzeground Way, Stockley Park East, Uxbridge, UB11 1BD

I've got the building staff set to catch up with any staff members first thing tomorrow morning and then when I have Compusource on the phone, oh boy am I going to have a "good conversation" with them.... I will update you guys on here with how that goes but in the meantime, I'm going to advising my current employers to stop payments going to Compusource and to direct to me instead as I fear this won't be the last time.

Oh and just a heads up, during my checks etc, it turns out that Goutham, over at Compusource, doesn't work there apparently. Here's his facebook profile and it seems that he is now connected with yet another Umbrella company in Uxbridge:-

<mod snip: no personal info posted here please.>

Frankly, since Compusource took over Excellium, it has gone down hill pretty fast and the service has been rubbish.

In the meantime, I will look to use that MCOL website and see what I can produce from that as well.

Thanks for everyones input on here, it's really helped a lot to show that we are all affected and yet, coming together, we should be able to get this sorted and Compusource black marked (maybe).

Leave a comment:

• Boney M
    replied
    Originally posted by Mulder View Post
    Hi Ronan,

I was the same apart from it was the whole month of January and all of my pension payments.
    I receive a payslip for my Jan pay but no money until March!
    Goutham Birdy was my contact.

Goutham AT compusource DOT co.uk
    01895 703 800

Send them an e-mail giving them a week to pay up the money that they owe you, and let them that if you don't pay up, you will use the Money Claim (https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk) service in order to claim the money that you are owed, and let you will claim the 8% interest (calculations per the website) that you are owed on the overdue cash.

Regards
    Dont forget the The Late payment of commecial debts if you are a LTD company

https://www.gov.uk/late-commercial-p...recovery-costs

Leave a comment:

Working...
X