• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Handcuff Clauses by Umbrella Companies vs Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handcuff Clauses by Umbrella Companies vs Agents

Howdo,

my agent has a handcuff clause for 12 months on a contract I have been offered in Sweden. I have also been pointed towards a Dutch umbrella company which is also proposing a 12 month handcuff clause. This would mean after the contract is expired I may be tied to the agent but would also be tied to the umbrella. I have not come across handcuff clauses by umbrella companies before: has anyone else seen this? I am reluctant to proceed as I then cannot switch umbrellas/go LTD at end of first contract with same client. Should simply refuse to proceed on this basis/go elsewhere or try to negotiate it out ?

thanks

Softy

Working...
X