• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First time....why can't i just give my own ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time....why can't i just give my own ltd company

Recruitment agency has advised me to nominate a umbrella company as do not have an "approved list". Would they find out or stop me if I give my limited company/family member limited company and tried to pass it as an umbrella company? How would they know?

Absolutely, go for it.

Let us know what happens.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by xon123 View Post
      Recruitment agency has advised me to nominate a umbrella company as do not have an "approved list". Would they find out or stop me if I give my limited company/family member limited company and tried to pass it as an umbrella company? How would they know?
      Welcome, xon123
      Is your role inside or outside IR35?
      It's not just the agency, but also HMRC.

I'd suggest you contact Lucy at Clarity Umbrella: https://clarityumbrella.co.uk
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What sort of umbrella company does your friend own? I'm a Davek man myself.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Registration on companies house, credit search, membership of FCSA, web presence, proof of insurances, etc etc etc.

Comment

What could go wrong....

Comment

Agents can be pretty stupid at times and have a bit of a rep for being bottom feeders but they are very switched on when it comes to handing over their money and covering their own backs. Not a chance in hell you'll get away with this. Whoever you give they will apply some diligence to it and you can't simply pass off a random LTD as an umbrella. The SIC code will be a dead give away for a start.

Pretty stupid idea really.

Just give Clarity Umbrella a call and get on board with them.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X