• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Mileage claim excuses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Mileage claim excuses

My client recently asked me to go overseas to a meeting so en-route I drove to the train station and my partner brought my car home, This worked out cheaper than a taxi. My client has paid all the expenses for the trip including the 45p per mile for the round trip to the station, however my Umbrella keeps making up reasons not to sort out these expenses - the latest is whether or not I drove to the station and back. They have also said they can't process expenses if the values do not match so I could effectively pay tax on the reimbursed expenses. Why are they being so difficult / Are all umbrella companies so bad with expenses?

Don't fully understand the umbrella's objection from your post, but you driving to the station is a business expense, someone else driving your car home isn't. So, given umbrellas have to be very careful over expenses, have you tried to claim double the journey?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yes they are.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X