• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal Indemnity Clause in Umbrella Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Indemnity Clause in Umbrella Contract

I've done a fair bit of contracting, but always through my own Ltd. (Which is now closed.) I'm tackling an inside IR35 contract for the first time, after a few years permiedom. I was surprised to find this clause in the brolly's employee contract:
    You will indemnify us against any liability we may incur as a result of any alleged infringement of any third party’s intellectual property rights as a result of any act by you, other than to the extent that any such infringement results from compliance with any Specifications issued by us or by an End Client.

Isn't that precisely what the brolly's Professional Indemnity Insurance is for?

Working...
X