• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacontracting
    replied
    Unfortunately the portal.myparasol.co.uk website is offline again - throws an error just after you log in. Been like that all afternoon. Numerous reports on twitter. Nothing from the company.

Leave a comment:

• gixxer2021
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Unless you’ve not been employed for x months this year why would emergency tax be much different to what you are currently paying (and you could get it all back in April anyway if you are quick with your tax return).

also do you mean November’s pension payment or the pension payment for the work in November. The former should have been paid in November or early December at the very latest.

Edit to add - all the umbrellas I have complete details of (because of the product I'm launching) make SIPP payments on the day the appropriate payroll is run...

Thanks Eek, yeah agreed the emergency tax isn’t something to be bothered about.

I meant the pension payment from the work done in November, Parasol appear to pay into my SIPP around a month or more later (and admitted this would happen from the start). I’ve a spreadsheet to keep track of their payments.

Update: I’ve checked my pension tonight and they’ve paid what looks the correct amount for November finally so that’s a definite positive. No sign of any payment for my outstanding timesheets though yet.

Leave a comment:

• the_rangdo
    replied
    I'm paid weekly, 4 weeks in arrears.

Advance received of about 80% of expected on 17-Jan (usual payday) for work 13-19 Dec. Nothing on the system to suggest any payment, timesheet doesn't show as paid, and no corresponding invoice on the system.

Full pay 24-Jan for work 20-26 Dec. All looks normal on system, payslip, etc.

For the advance, I got an email yesterday pm saying I'd been identified as someone needing some remediation and to await a further email. Said further email arrived around 9pm saying their systems show I've been paid so all good, but email them if I have any questions.

Email back to them, nothing further so far.
    Last edited by the_rangdo; 26 January 2022, 12:52. Reason: Typos

Leave a comment:

• fulcon
    replied
    Originally posted by pacontracting View Post

and they cheekily took their margin too! If it keeps them afloat from a cashflow perspective, however, then I have no issues, given the amounts of money at stake here for all employees.
    Some of your posts suggest you're either not receiving or not reading the update e-mails that Parasol have been sending out. In Friday's e-mail they said this:

Margin
    Margin has been automatically applied to your payment this week. This was applied so that we could pay you as soon as possible as opposed to carrying out further system amends. We apologise for this and you will receive a refund within 28 days.
    I am paid weekly and the current status for me is:

Advance received (~50% of expected amount) for w/e 7th Jan on 14th Jan (usual payday). No correction, full payment, or payslip yet.
    Full pay, including payslip for w/e 14th Jan received on 24th Jan (3 days late).

My portal is showing the correct payment statuses, i.e. what's be paid, what's been submitted, what's outstanding.

I've not attempted any contact with Parasol so this has all been done without me chasing anything.

Leave a comment:

• 1ne0fFU
    replied

and they cheekily took their margin too! If it keeps them afloat from a cashflow perspective, however, then I have no issues, given the amounts of money at stake here for all employees.
    Actually, when you go to their login page, a window pops up and informs you how they will tackle the margin as follows :

Important Message

Please submit your timesheet(s) if they are not already on the system.

We are unable to extend assignments currently – this may be impacting your ability to submit timesheets - we are working hard to resolve this.

Margin has been applied automatically to your payment this week. We will refund it within 28 days.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

If the software is set up to deduct the margin automatically I can see why they deducted it - you don't at this moment want to touch anything when things could go seriously wrong again.

I would forgive them the margin bit, I wouldn't forgive them for not paying a paid invoice from an agency in full.

Leave a comment:

• pacontracting
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

That's interesting - that X means they are unsure that the calculations are correct (probably not an issue for you given you are on 0T but it will be for others). It probably means they've had to take data from an old system so they aren't 100% sure things are correct.

The 25% would be my concern - if you can reconcile an invoice enough to pay some of it you should be able to pay all of it.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Eh?

WTF? You are employed so it's not financial risk. It appears you are right. You have no idea.
    Reasons I never trusted umbrellas*, there are a number of times where they went bankrupt taking people's last pay pocket with them. This may not be the case with Parasol (I think they are too big) but there are problems that shouldn't exist here (a late payment of 25% of a fully paid invoice doesn't give me confidence).

* that isn't the case going forward for reasons that will become very obvious soon.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

I have received a payslip with the gross amount 25% that of the original invoice the payment was meant to be against. The tax code is showing as 0TX rather than 0T, and the payslip is in a different format to how it's usually sent.
    That's interesting - that X means they are unsure that the calculations are correct (probably not an issue for you given you are on 0T but it will be for others). It probably means they've had to take data from an old system so they aren't 100% sure things are correct.

The 25% would be my concern - if you can reconcile an invoice enough to pay some of it you should be able to pay all of it.
    Last edited by eek; 26 January 2022, 08:41.

Leave a comment:

• pacontracting
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Eh?

WTF? You are employed so it's not financial risk. It appears you are right. You have no idea.
    Unless you are directly involved in this, or have something constructive to say, I suggest you respectively refrain from posting.

I'm posting to this thread to keep others, in a similar position, updated, and to find out about other people's experiences.

Nobody involved in this needs, or wants, to hear your childish nonsense.
    Last edited by pacontracting; 26 January 2022, 07:36.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X