• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilf
    replied
    Just received £580, which seems quite a random amount. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• pacontracting
    replied
    I finally got my November timesheet paid today and correctly (subtracting the interim payment). They have promised to refund margin so we'll see if that happens but I'm just glad to have gotten what was sitting in their accounts for two weeks.

Hopefully everyone else will be sorted by the weekend, which will be good news to a lot of people caught up in this.
    Last edited by pacontracting; 3 February 2022, 07:03.

Leave a comment:

• agentzero
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    https://www.contractoruk.com/news/00...two_weeks.html

"Parasol expects customer service to suffer for another two weeks" - looks like there is still 'some fixing' to do.
    Parasol seem to be going down the drain, slower than expected. Anybody who stays with Parasol and linked companies (SJD, Nixon Williams, Clearsky, FirstFreelance) after this is a chump.

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    We have seen quite a few agencies allow contractors to move, just be aware that this may cause a momentary issue with your tax as HMRC are likely to see dual employment, and until P45's get issued the tax may not be correct.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by saptastic View Post

"Parasol expects customer service to suffer for another two weeks" - looks like there is still 'some fixing' to do.
    Anything that is done out of order needs to be synced before the systems can be used again. There is basically going to be a massive reconciliation task that needs to be done to identify what payments have been done completely and which ones haven't.

Now I know that Parasol have set things up so that it requires an Agency to terminate the contract before you can leave but I suspect few agencies are going to object to that at the moment provided you are just happy to move to another on their PSL list.

Leave a comment:

• saptastic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaxDev
    replied
    What a mess...
    End of December I initiated a bank account switch, and as of Jan 15th, my old bank account is now closed. Luckily I don't have any outstanding payments from Parasol.

As soon as Parasol's systems were up & running again, I told them my new bank account details. Still pending.
    No response to my e-mails to employment services.
    Phone line hangs up on me.
    The other two phone lines ("Best Advice" and "Agencies") disconnect before the first ring.
    Impossible to het through to them...

I'd like to submit a timesheet for the week of Jan 10th. Question is: Should I?
    I've contacted my recruitment agency, to see what they say.

Really outrageous. And it's got me worried... I'm sure I'm not the only one who has bills to pay!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Yep - paystream do salary sacrifice (hopefully to yours) and do seem to provide payslips and summaries that add up correctly (that's not always the case).

Leave a comment:

• gizzmo
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

I suspect that it’s - once an agency says the contract has finished there is nothing left to enforce so by picking a date in the future there is nothing for parasol to argue over ( it’s a nit strange that every contract ends on Feb 18th but hard to proof it isn’t true).

Thought that would be the case - what agency and new umbrella are you with (happy to here via pm) as I suspect they are swallowing a lot of lost commission / rebate unless the new umbrella is paying similar?
    I guess no harm in saying it - Paystream will be the new umbrella for my agency. They apparently have been using them already for some new contracts and in some cases some contractors have been migrated already. My main requirement is salary sacrifice into my SIPP and i have seen on the boards here that they do allow that so hopefully i shouldn't have any issues - will need to split my Feb pay between the 2 umbrellas though

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by pacontracting View Post

Yes, I have a few colleagues who are with Hayes / Parasol and they've been paid fully etc but they put their timesheets in weekly. Mine are monthly with a smaller outfit. Hopefully Parasol keeps the relationship with the larger agents, allowing us smaller fry to get paid and move on. Problem is, in an unregulated industry, it's out of the frying pan, into the fire.
    Regulation won't fix anything - it just looks good compared to the current mess.
    Last edited by eek; 29 January 2022, 17:24.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X