• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol Umbrella seem to have disappeared today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

What exactly can the FCSA actually do?
    Well, in the case of the Giant debacle, the FCSA are the ones who outed the firm as suffering a ransomware attack when Giant were publicly denying it.

Comment

Originally posted by KUWTC View Post

Well, in the case of the Giant debacle, the FCSA are the ones who outed the firm as suffering a ransomware attack when Giant were publicly denying it.
      Why do you think the FCSA has a new CEO - one who is a bit more careful when it comes to talking to the press.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Problem is, that there are no alternatives. Who is to say another Umbrella company isn't equally as vulnerable to this sort of attack.

People are going to find it difficult to move as they are not going to get their P45's, having to go on an emergency tax code and so on. Just a big mess created by government for contractors who really don't want to work in this way.

I can imagine the issue was similar when Covid first struck. Great when it's all good, but no interest in investing in the business and very poor when things inevitably go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pacontracting View Post
          Problem is, that there are no alternatives. Who is to say another Umbrella company isn't equally as vulnerable to this sort of attack.

People are going to find it difficult to move as they are not going to get their P45's, having to go on an emergency tax code and so on. Just a big mess created by government for contractors who really don't want to work in this way.

I can imagine the issue was similar when Covid first struck. Great when it's all good, but no interest in investing in the business and very poor when things inevitably go wrong.
          Exactly this!

Comment

Brookson hit also today

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Why do you think the FCSA has a new CEO - one who is a bit more careful when it comes to talking to the press.
              They'll just have to put up with the rumours then, won't they?

To all Parasol contractors - start looking for a new Umbrella, folks...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                Brookson hit also today
                Ouch!

Circle the wagons!!!

(Note to Admin: we really need a 'headless chicken' emoji.)
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                  Brookson hit also today
                  At least Fahey has got his message out fairly quickly on LI & Twitter...
                  https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update...8384323780609/
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

SJD down as well atm. Also part of the same group.

https://sjdaccountancy.com/portal-maintenance/
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Is it just me ? But I’m not convinced that this is just a Systems “issue” - is anyone aware of the current financial state of Parasol ?

Comment

Working...
                      X