• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sapphire vs Paystream

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sapphire vs Paystream

Hello All

I am about to undertake my first contracting role and have been provided with a list of 'approved' Umbrella companies by the recruitment agency.

From undertaking some initial research and reading Trustpilot reviews, I've narrowed it down to Sapphire or Paystream.

Does anyone have any recent experience of using either? Both came across well on the phone when I gave them a call. Only about £10 in it in terms of weekly NET pay so their fees are pretty similar. They also seem to have similar benefits and both offer salary sacrifice for pensions.

Any advice/feedback welcome.

Thanks

Paystream

There is a curiosity with something I've seen at Sapphire that doesn't add up....
    Last edited by eek; 6 January 2022, 17:27. Reason: trying to work out how to phrase something when it isn't 100% dodgy but equally isn't right.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I had an absolutely horrific experience with Giant, and moved to Paystream. They answer the phone, answer their email (Giant don't have email!), and when I had an issue with not being able to submit a timesheet on their portal they submitted my timesheet on my behalf, and fixed it in short order. They've also managed to pay me on time and the correct amount.

YMMV and this advice is worth what you paid for it, but they seem OK to me.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Thanks both, much appreciated - will go with Paystream.

Comment

Working...
        X