• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choosing Umbrella from a list...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing Umbrella from a list...

Hi, I've just secured an Inside IR35 role and need to select an Umbrella company from the following list. I'd appreciate any good or bad experience from the following?

Giant Professional Limited
    NASA Umbrella Limited
    Parasol Limited
    Paystream My Max Limited
    DNS Umbrella Limited
    Brookson Solutions Ltd
    Contractor Umbrella Ltd
    ICS Umbrella Limited
    JSA Services Limited
    Generate FS Limited
    Crunch Umbrella Limited

This is a pretty standard list and we get asked this all the time. Use the google search method to look for previous threads and recommendations. Go to google type in the brolly name as the keyword and type <keyword> site:forums.contractoruk.com and you'll get all the threads where that umbrella has been mentioned.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was going to say it's a rather interesting list in my eyes as some of those umbrellas are FCSA registered and some aren't.

Beyond that I'm not sure who on that list I would want to work through - none of them would be my first answer but that doesn't help.

Giant and Brookson both have issues if you look at the offpayroll's spreadsheet of payslip reconciliation
      ICS and JSA was so complex even offpayroll (who are accountants) gave up.
      Nasa may be fine as at least they use a single company...
      Last edited by eek; 16 September 2021, 12:40.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I was going to say it's a rather interesting list in my eyes as some of those umbrellas are FCSA registered and some aren't.

Beyond that I'm not sure who on that list I would want to work through - none of them would be my first answer but that doesn't help.

Giant and Brookson both have issues if you look at the offpayroll's spreadsheet of payslip reconciliation
        ICS and JSA was so complex even offpayroll (who are accountants) gave up.
        Depends whose list it is. If it's from the agency, then yes, I agree it's nicely eclectic - although it omits Clarity, which seems a little odd. If it's one gleaned from the OP's sources (it looks like a list of the big boys at first glance) then perhaps a check on whether or not their choice is acceptable to the agency would be a good idea.

I remain unconvinced by FCSA as a criterion; have things changed recently?
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I use NASA, i wouldn't say they are flawless, but they their response to any issues have been (which I think is more important)
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Depends whose list it is. If it's from the agency, then yes, I agree it's nicely eclectic - although it omits Clarity, which seems a little odd. If it's one gleaned from the OP's sources (it looks like a list of the big boys at first glance) then perhaps a check on whether or not their choice is acceptable to the agency would be a good idea.

I remain unconvinced by FCSA as a criterion; have things changed recently?
            Nope FCSA is still the old boys club that its always been.

The interesting one is Crunch as while I know about their software and accountancy even I wasn't aware they now had an umbrella attached.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I use NASA, i wouldn't say they are flawless, but they their response to any issues have been (which I think is more important)
              Salary Sacrifice an option?

Comment

Salary Sacrifice an option?
                Paying into my own SIPP provider

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Also one thing to note, if you are given a list of companies to pick from, always go back with a request if the one you prefer to use are not on the list, I have had an agency accept another brolly (although I was prepared to turn down the offer)

Comment

If you did want a different umbrella, you can always check with that brolly to see if they have any other contractors with them. Some do deviate but don't advertise it, and it would be very difficult to say no if they have any others with that brolly

Comment

Working...
                    X