• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving Umbrella mid contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Umbrella mid contract

Is it feasible to move to a different Umbrella company mid contract?

My quess is that I would need the agency to terminate my contract and issue a new one with another umbrella.

Anyone done this?

I haven't done that but I have done similar - moved from an umbrella to my own Ltd Co mid contract.

It should be fine but do check that the agency will work with your new brolly. Then sign up with the new brolly, agree a change over date with the agency and they will sort out the contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      I haven't done that but I have done similar - moved from an umbrella to my own Ltd Co mid contract.

It should be fine but do check that the agency will work with your new brolly. Then sign up with the new brolly, agree a change over date with the agency and they will sort out the contracts.
      Can't stress this one enough. Agents only work with a small number of brollies so unlikely they will go with anyone else that are not on their list. If you are just picking another one that they have on their list then there won't be a problem. Just a simple process to terminate the old contract and re-issue a new one to the new umbrella.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thinking of doing this myself, as already mentioned make sure agency will work with them and get P45 from current umbrella etc. Shouldn't be big issue

Comment

Also just check as sometimes an agency will only allow you to move at the point of extension

Comment

If you do move umbrella, make sure that you request all of your Holiday Pay to be paid to you. If your Holiday Pay is being accrued, then you might have a set time limit on when you can claim this.

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor Voice View Post
              If you do move umbrella, make sure that you request all of your Holiday Pay to be paid to you. If your Holiday Pay is being accrued, then you might have a set time limit on when you can claim this.
              Yep you have 90 days to start an employment tribunal complaint from the day you leave.

However, given the amount we earn you should insist on advanced payment of holiday pay and avoid any umbrella that doesnt offer it
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Some agencies are funny about changing mid contract and may say it isn't feasible until a contract extension comes, so always best to check with the agent first.

Comment

It's easier for the agency if you move on extension, I would imagine they would do mid-contract it if there is a compelling reason. As others have said, a simple process.
                  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
                  X