• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 - Which is the best umbrella company to ensure compliance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Pick one of their preferred and get on with it. It's only a short term gig so isn't the end of the world.
    This +1

I'm in the same boat of having to use a brolly from a PSL and have already told the agency that I don't want to use any on their list. They're looking into allowing others but in the meantime, I'll use one from the PSL if need be and change as and when needed. Not really worth walking away from a secured role for the sake using one from a preferred list, especially if it's a short term gig.

Comment

I ended up going for Nasa umbrella group for my current assignment. It's my first contract inside IR35. They gave me the option to include holiday pay upfront in my monthly payments - glad I did that. I'm quite happy so for with the support as well, they've been answering my emails usually on the same day. My recruitment agency on the other hand is rubbish.
      I have finished my studies and I'm looking for work. If anyone's interested:

- I make excellent coffee.
      - I'm ethically flexible. Very open-minded.
      - I live within my means, no financial risks, no gambling.
      - I don't have a religion, so no sneaky conversion attempts.
      - I buy the first round.
      - Easily adaptable to new groups, environments... go with the flow type.

Comment

Working...
      X