• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inside IR35 - Which is the best umbrella company to ensure compliance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bromleygirl View Post

Thank you Everyone, really appreciate all of the recommendations - Does anyone happen to have any experience of PayStream?
    Ask them and the agency how much they are paying the agency and whether it’s commission based or a large fixed marketing fee
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Ask them and the agency how much they are paying the agency and whether it’s commission based or a large fixed marketing fee
      Update - Agency is now saying I am restricted to the 5 umbrella companies on their "preferred" list to use as my umbrella! Has anyone else come up against this issue and if so, how have you challenged the agency??

Comment

Update - Agency is now saying I am restricted to the 5 umbrella companies on their "preferred" list to use as my umbrella! Has anyone else come up against this issue and if so, how have you challenged the agency??
        Happens a lot. Tell them you will walk away from the gig if they won't agree to you using your choice. Then tell the client why you won't be taking the gig...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Looks at previous post - I wonder why?
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Happens a lot. Tell them you will walk away from the gig if they won't agree to you using your choice. Then tell the client why you won't be taking the gig...
            It gets worse! I went back to the agency with a strongly worded e-mail stating I should not need to use their preferred list and that I should be able to use whichever umbrella company I want providing it is compliant...I've now been told by the agency that umbrellas are no different to their own agency providing PAYE services and those umbrella companies will eventually fall foul of the Agency Worker Regulations as they roll up annual leave into the daily rate..

I don't agree with this at all as there are many differences between umbrella companies and between umbrella companies in general and the agency offering a PAYE service. I'm now very close to walking away from the job and looking elsewhere. I don't want to as I want to work for the "real" employer but I'm not liking the response from the agency at all...

Comment

It gets worse! I went back to the agency with a strongly worded e-mail stating I should not need to use their preferred list and that I should be able to use whichever umbrella company I want providing it is compliant...I've now been told by the agency that umbrellas are no different to their own agency providing PAYE services and those umbrella companies will eventually fall foul of the Agency Worker Regulations as they roll up annual leave into the daily rate..

I don't agree with this at all as there are many differences between umbrella companies and between umbrella companies in general and the agency offering a PAYE service. I'm now very close to walking away from the job and looking elsewhere. I don't want to as I want to work for the "real" employer but I'm not liking the response from the agency at all...
              Hence talk to the client. They have the power to change the agency's mind. Depends on how much they want you for hte role of course, but nobody will like being forced to drop their choice because of third party interference...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Hence talk to the client. They have the power to change the agency's mind. Depends on how much they want you for hte role of course, but nobody will like being forced to drop their choice because of third party interference...
                Agreed. Agency has now doubled down saying they will not take on any new umbrella companies at this time as they do not want to do the additional due diligence and work to do so.

I only have contact with the team I would be working with and not with the company hiring department that works with the agency. As the contract is through the agency, if I go direct to the team, am I at risk of losing my contract altogether?? Thoughts on next steps would be really appreciated :-)

Comment

Agreed. Agency has now doubled down saying they will not take on any new umbrella companies at this time as they do not want to do the additional due diligence and work to do so.

I only have contact with the team I would be working with and not with the company hiring department that works with the agency. As the contract is through the agency, if I go direct to the team, am I at risk of losing my contract altogether?? Thoughts on next steps would be really appreciated :-)
                  Pick one of their preferred and get on with it. It's only a short term gig so isn't the end of the world.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks - Any suggestions for umbrellas that will do salary sacrifice?
                    I don't think any umbrella does salary sacrifice as defined by the HMRC.

Some call it salary sacrifice, but in reality it is a discretionary employer contribution.

Comment

Walk away that will tech them a lesson

ps every other role you are offered under IR35 will be the same

Comment

Working...
                      X