• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have to choose between 3 umbrellas, ICSUK, foretwogroup, Umbrella.co.uk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Give Lucy a bell. You'll find out in about 30 seconds
    Clarity - probably the only umbrella that need you to fill in your email, mobile and names to provide take home calculation. But not instant - wait to get it in the email.
    USELESS.

Comment

Originally posted by gisp View Post

Clarity - probably the only umbrella that need you to fill in your email, mobile and names to provide take home calculation. But not instant - wait to get it in the email.
      USELESS.
      clarity - one of 2 umbrella firms I know operate a completely transparent system (although a lot more are coming )
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

clarity - one of 2 umbrella firms I know operate a completely transparent system (although a lot more are coming )
        This might be but very clumsy take home calculator (or the lack of it)

Comment

You mean the one I use by default as it allows me to do variations for salary sacrifice in ways no other umbrellas site can cope with? And I can do the simple maths required to work out what the monthly total is

each to their own I suppose but so far the issue seems to be between your computer and your chair - not with clarity
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by passerby View Post
            All 3 offer pretty much the same return, they charge 20£ a week, pay apprenticeship levy (0.5%) and they all pay into a Sipp. (just got a confirmation from umbrella.co.uk). 57% take home pay on a daily rate of 650£. (20 days per month)

only difference is perks, which Foretwogroup don't seem to offer. The other 2 offer similar perks (Gym discounts, Phone GP consultations...)
            can you post the breakdown? Can’t see how you get more than 53%

thanks

Comment

USELESS.
              From what I've seen all the others are the same? Some have a calculator on the site which we know are inaccurate. We've had posts from many people recently saying each calc throws a different number out. All of them require you to contact them to engage and work together to get a more accurate figure? What's wrong with that? Getting an instant one will be inaccurate. To get a clear picture you need to engage with them. Seems fair.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Do you have an example of one with a less clumsy calculator that factors all elements and gives you an accurate figure?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post

can you post the breakdown? Can’t see how you get more than 53%

thanks
                  I have used the clarity calculator and I get 56.3%. 7320/13000. Did I miss something?
                  Monthly Income £13,000.00
                  Employer National Insurance £1,469.26
                  Employment Tax £56.89
                  Employee National Insurance £549.24
                  Employee Tax £3,509.57
                  Total All Tax £5,584.96
                  Margin £95.00
                  Total Net Income £7,320.04

Comment

USELESS.
                    Hi Gisp, there is our umbrella company calculator on the website which provides the full breakdown, so no need to provide it if you don't want to. We only ask for those if you want a bespoke calculation, and we are not a business for any hard sales push.

Comment

Originally posted by passerby View Post

I have used the clarity calculator and I get 56.3%. 7320/13000. Did I miss something?
                      Monthly Income £13,000.00
                      Employer National Insurance £1,469.26
                      Employment Tax £56.89
                      Employee National Insurance £549.24
                      Employee Tax £3,509.57
                      Total All Tax £5,584.96
                      Margin £95.00
                      Total Net Income £7,320.04
                      As per the details under the calculator, we look at one monthly period in isolation, so applying one tax free allowance, looking at your day rate if you go to 12 months on assignment then your tax free allowance will go, but as we do not know the length of the assignment we would never predict that unless we speak to you and are informed of the actual scenario for your assignment to see if the thresholds for PAYE will be reached.

Comment

Working...
                      X