• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two clients: 1 - via Umbrella | 2 - via LTD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two clients: 1 - via Umbrella | 2 - via LTD

I have two clients with who I have been working in parallel for last few years. Contractually and legally I am able to provide my services to both. Both clients are very much aware of this arrangement.

Now, I one of the clients want me to continue working with them via Umbrella company. I understand that would result in m to have an employment contract with that umbrella company.

Question: Do umbrella employment contracts allow working elsewhere in parallel to employment for a client via Umbrella? Those of you who work under Umbrella, what does your contract say about it?

Thanks

Yes they do. They employ you to work on the contract they have and your working arragenments are per that contract. The umbrella doesn't stipulate the terms of your working. At the end of the day they are just a middle person converting the income from the client to you. The working terms are the clients, not theirs.

Did they stipulate which umbrella you have to use? If not then speak to Lucy at Clarity. She runs the shop so you'll be speaking to the head honcho and not the drones at a bigger one.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

To Nothernlauk: Does that mean that I would have only one contract (me and Umbrella Company) and would not at the same time have another contract (me and end client) where the end client may insert a handcuff to restrict me working elsewhere?

Comment

My immediate question is why do you need to work via an umbrella company.

As were that me I would have been asking about a very quick handover due to the risks involved...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by rorybracker View Post
          Question: Do umbrella employment contracts allow working elsewhere in parallel to employment for a client via Umbrella? Those of you who work under Umbrella, what does your contract say about it?
          Depends on the contract, but even if it did there is no real way to enforce it.

Comment

Working...
          X