• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Umbrella Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Umbrella Companies

So you may all have seen the condemning of the “mini umbrella” and the tactics they are using to make use of the employment allowances. So am just putting it out there to see if any of you have had any contact from any of the business who are operating in this manner (assuming you are aware of what they are doing) as I would be interested to hear?
    If anyone has any details or has been contacted by any of these businesses could you get in touch.
    TIA

I suspect (and know) that computer contractors are not the target audience for these schemes.

After all the purpose is to use the flat rate vat and employer allowances to maximise revenue and that falls apart if you have 2 computer contractors on a decent rate.

Now social care and teaching is an entirely different world...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Or nursing. That's probably a good emphasis at this time to have. We've certainly had a few medical type folk on this site who've been sucked in,
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I am getting a lot of enquiries from people not in the "computing world", that are telling me they are using this forum for advice - so hoping this will hit them too

Comment

Welcome all!
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X