• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella offering expenses?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jlcook99
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    How would an umbrella pay for a £2K laptop from its £15 a month fee it charges you?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Really?! They take it from your gross pay not there admin fee.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by jlcook99 View Post
    Hi All

Anyone got any real world examples (i.e. you are actually receiving expenses via an Umbrella) of Umbrella paying out expenses should as mileage, laptop costs, lunch, accomodation? I know this is subject to being able to demonstrate that you aren't under SDC (supervision, direction and control). Again anyone have experience how easy or otherwise this was? Who owns the risk should HMRC decide that you are under some form of control, you or the Umbrella? I assume its a personal liability?

Many thanks in advance
    How would an umbrella pay for a £2K laptop from its £15 a month fee it charges you?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Not had a determination, client decided not to engage via PSCs after March.
    Doesn't make any difference under the new rules - you aren't getting expenses.

Leave a comment:

• jlcook99
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Only until March. After that that option disappears unless I've read a lot of regulations incorrectly for the past 4 years.

Inside IR35 by end client determination = no expenses beyond those a company would pay an employee (i.e. one off travel to a site that isn't their main workplace)
    Not had a determination, client decided not to engage via PSCs after March.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Switching from PSC to an Umbrella then some are offering the ability to still claim expenses, if you pass the SDC "test".
    Only until March. After that that option disappears unless I've read a lot of regulations incorrectly for the past 4 years.

Inside IR35 by end client determination = no expenses beyond those a company would pay an employee (i.e. one off travel to a site that isn't their main workplace)

Leave a comment:

• jlcook99
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Whats SDC got to do with the post April rules?
    Switching from PSC to an Umbrella then some are offering the ability to still claim expenses, if you pass the SDC "test".

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Whats SDC got to do with the post April rules?

Leave a comment:

• jlcook99
    started a topic Umbrella offering expenses?!

Umbrella offering expenses?!

Hi All

Anyone got any real world examples (i.e. you are actually receiving expenses via an Umbrella) of Umbrella paying out expenses should as mileage, laptop costs, lunch, accomodation? I know this is subject to being able to demonstrate that you aren't under SDC (supervision, direction and control). Again anyone have experience how easy or otherwise this was? Who owns the risk should HMRC decide that you are under some form of control, you or the Umbrella? I assume its a personal liability?

Many thanks in advance

Working...
X