• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 post April 2020: Choosing a legitimate Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thought I would add a little gem to this thread for today. It has become apparent that there are a few "new" umbrella companies that are deducting the apprenticeship levy from the rates, please be aware a business with a payroll of less than £3m should NOT be applying this until they reach the threshold. Not an easy thing to work out but unless their contractor numbers are high from the outset, then it is unlikely that this will apply for a little while.

Comment

I just signed up with Fair Pay Services as it was recommended on here and they charge £30pm.

What do some others charge?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HelloIT View Post
          I just signed up with Fair Pay Services as it was recommended on here and they charge £30pm.

What do some others charge?
          They will all be around that but more important things like pension arrangements and possible size of company (if you like a more personal service) to consider before cost IMO
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

They will all be around that but more important things like pension arrangements and possible size of company (if you like a more personal service) to consider before cost IMO
            For a monthly fee Fairpay are about as cheap as you will see - but I do think in this market the service you will get reflects the rate you pay and I really wouldn't shop on price as at the end of the day the difference between the cheapest and most expensive umbrella will be £1-2 a day when you look at your final take home pay
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They will all be around that
              Really??????? Do you need to go get your glasses?

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                Really??????? Do you need to go get your glasses?
                No. I need an inside gig

Comment

Ahhh of course you are reaching that age when you need to start ploughing funds into the pension aren't you

Comment

No. I need an inside gig
                    Ahhh of course you are reaching that age when you need to start ploughing funds into the pension aren't you
                    So the new approach of 6 months inside (for the pension), 6 months outside (for the cash)

Surely it's the wrong time of year for that. You're best bet is an inside IR35 contract running from December to May/June (so running cross 2 tax years)
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'd laugh at that if it wasn't actually true

Comment

Working...
                      X