• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please help me choose an umbrella Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me choose an umbrella Company

Hello ?? all. I need your help to choose a suitable and straightforward/ reputable Umbrella Company. I work with various agencies one of which is Hays and want an umbrella company that is easy /transparent and reputable . I don’t want to go Limited because i don’t want the hassle of dealing with Accountants etc.
    Basically i want an umbrella company that offers the following
    Account manager
    Low fees
    no joining /leaving fee
    online Portal
    pension
    child care vouchers ( not a biggie if they don’t )
    Free expense processing
    no minimum joining period
    Free Chaps payment
    No fee if you don’t work that particular week
    Picked a few of the following from the list HAYS has dictated that i use
    Giant/Jsa/orange genie/parasol/paystream/sterling /

If you search the umbrella forum for those brollies you should find some threads, having been forced to use giant, parasol and paystream in the past I wouldn’t recommend any of them.

Comment

Contractor Umbrella. The MD Lucy posts on here regularly and I've used them personally.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks Guys , would have really wanted to use Contractor Umbrella but unfortunately Hays hasn’t got them on their list?. I have also heard good things about Brookson but again Hays doesn’t do them ?.

Comment

Originally posted by Undermyumbrella View Post
          Thanks Guys , would have really wanted to use Contractor Umbrella but unfortunately Hays hasn’t got them on their list[emoji20]. I have also heard good things about Brookson but again Hays doesn’t do them [emoji57].
          Its all about the kickbacks I am afraid. Plenty of threads asking about preferred Umbrellas from accountants so I'm sure if you search the company name you'll find it discussed already.

Use the Google search method. Type the below in to Google.
          (umbrella name) site:forums.contractoruk.com
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Its all about the kickbacks I am afraid. Plenty of threads asking about preferred Umbrellas from accountants so I'm sure if you search the company name you'll find it discussed already.

Use the Google search method. Type the below in to Google.
            (umbrella name) site:forums.contractoruk.com
            Hey ?? Northernlad , thanks a million .

Comment

Originally posted by Undermyumbrella View Post
              Thanks Guys , would have really wanted to use Contractor Umbrella but unfortunately Hays hasn’t got them on their list?. I have also heard good things about Brookson but again Hays doesn’t do them ?.
              Maybe you guys could all put in a good word for me

Comment

Account manager
                Low fees - please don't base your choice on the charge, I am not saying go with the most expensive, but this is an expensive business to be compliant in
                no joining /leaving fee
                online Portal
                pension
                child care vouchers ( not a biggie if they don’t ) - not available anymore unfortunately.
                Free expense processing - tax free expenses are no longer allowable so be careful if someone is offering this!
                Free Chaps payment
                No fee if you don’t work that particular week - they shouldn't be able to charge unless there is monies being paid out.

HTHs

Comment

Don't bother with Giant. I am forced to use them and had problems with getting them to pay my pension, it took months to have it paid and then backdated to cover my losses for the Employers Pension. Holiday accrual is under the statutory legal amount as its calculated incorrectly. Holiday pay was denied but then paid. They have changed our agreements 3 times in one year to lower the pension each time to the Qualified Earnings used to protect low income earners, and the list goes on. Its one problem after another. Customer support is rubbish. Our client deemed them unsuitable so will see if they get rid of them. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                    Account manager
                    Low fees - please don't base your choice on the charge, I am not saying go with the most expensive, but this is an expensive business to be compliant in
                    no joining /leaving fee
                    online Portal
                    pension
                    child care vouchers ( not a biggie if they don’t ) - not available anymore unfortunately.
                    Free expense processing - tax free expenses are no longer allowable so be careful if someone is offering this!
                    Free Chaps payment
                    No fee if you don’t work that particular week - they shouldn't be able to charge unless there is monies being paid out.

HTHs
                    I was just wondering if you know any Umbrella's that meet the above criteria?

Comment

Working...
                    X