• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella company wont work with agency.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella company wont work with agency.

Hi new here. Has anyone heard of an umbrella company refusing to work with an agency. I have heard it the other way around.

I have, it’s been when the agency has found out what the umbrella company were up to (lies etc) and made life difficult for them and so the umbrella company have gone on the offensive and refused to work with them.

They did this to try to dissuade the workers from speaking to the agency in question and finding out the truth.

Might not be the case here but it’s worth speaking to both sides then deciding who sounds the most plausible.

Comment

It may be a compliance issue.
      Time needs to be invested for mutual compliance (Umbrella and Agency) so maybe the Umbrella doesn't wish to invest for one individual!?

I recently requested an Umbrella work direct with my client and they said sorry not worth their time so I contracted direct.

Or maybe as Togoodtobetrue says they are a shady outfit and the agency knows it so more a case of avoid said agency by the Umbrella.

Comment

Not the norm, I have to say it is usually the other way round, but it could be down to historical payment issues with the agency not making payments on invoices. Just a thought.

Comment

The umbrella company said it was due to due dilgence. what ever that means.

Comment

I’m guessing that the due diligence that the agency wanted to carry out was too thorough for the umbrella companies liking so the umbrella company have taken this stance to drive people to agencies that will work with them. Proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Togoodtobetrue View Post
              Proceed with caution.
              Absolutely, we have some 40 page documents to complete but if you are doing things properly you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

I would look very carefully at your umbrella company. And name them here.

Scheme enquiries sub forum has several stories of people using "reputable" payment companies and then getting a very nasty shock.

Comment

The umbrella company said they peformed due diligence on the agency and chose not to work with the agency. The umbrella company is orangegenie.

Comment

Originally posted by spike22 View Post
                    The umbrella company said they peformed due diligence on the agency and chose not to work with the agency. The umbrella company is orangegenie.
                    Very odd - never heard of an umbrella doing due diligence on the agency! Maybe I am missing a trick

Comment

Working...
                    X