• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“ELITE Contractor Care” please help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“ELITE Contractor Care” please help

Hey guys
    I’m new to the forum, and I work as a locum doctor. I was encouraged by my locum agency to use “Elite Contractor Care”
    I asked how it worked and got this in an email:

“was a pleasure speaking to you earlier after being referred by your agency consultant. As requested please find below details of your bespoke tax planning arrangement that can enable you to retain 84-85% of your income with all fees included while remaining fully compliant.

If you have any further questions please send them via email or call me on the number below.

We can supply an outsourced employed PAYE structure, which is a streamlined process where you would become an employee of trading company ‘Elite Management & Consultancy’. You will be provided with Professional Indemnity Insurance and Employers/Public Liability Insurance. You would be remunerated as follows:

Elite invoices your agency
    Pay you a salary of £250/week for Consultancy services. Full tax & N.I is paid on this amount.
    Any remaining funds minus expenses/fees are paid to yourself as a Capital Investment Payment which is not subject to Tax/N.I and is fully compliant.
    Using figures based on an hourly rate of £70/hour (50 hours/week), you would retain 84.69% after all tax/NI and structuring fees (Circa £2,964 of the £3,500/week).

This would be paid to you on the same day that your agency sends payment. Please also consider that the salary part can be adjusted to any amount you feel comfortable with. The retention percentage reduces slightly with an increased salary, however when setting up the structure we can provide specific figures.“

Can anyone tell me if this is legit/legal? It sounds similar to the loan schemes...
    Thanks in advance ...
    Hus

How can I put this?

RUN AWAY!

Don't even contemplate about maybe thinking about joining.

Btw - who is your locum agency?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:27.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

<mod snip>
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:27.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        How can I put this?

RUN AWAY!

Don't even contemplate about maybe thinking about joining.

Btw - who is your locum agency?
        They are Global Medics, very big. They tell me that all their locum are using it. So is this a AML loan scheme thing ? Not a true umbrella?
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Hussar View Post
          They are Global Medics, very big. They tell me that all their locum are using it. So is this a AML loan scheme thing ? Not a true umbrella?
          You earn good money, you pay tax on it, just like everyone else. Those taxes fund necessary things, like, well, erm, doctors...

You want a good umbrella, start with Lisa at ContractorUmbrella.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:29.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

What's it compliant with? It doesn't say.

Is it another attempt to exploit a tax loophole? The problem is that even if the loophole exists now, HMRC can close it with retrospective action involved.
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:33.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I've searched and searched for Elite Management Consultancy or Elite Contractor Care on google. There's no website. There are similar(fish) businesses containing the word Elite and contractor or Elite and consultancy.

They do exist on Companies House though.
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:34.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If you are even tempted, read Tempted to join a new contractor scheme? Ask the following

Still thinking of it? Read what others who got involved said Please read this if you are desperate and feel you are running out of options

------------------------------

A big favour from all of us. Please let any other doctors you may know about such schemes. Is there a locum doctors forum where you can warn others? Some posters here have being trying to warn others for years with little success.

Cheers

EDIT - is there any way of reporting this to HMRC?
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:35.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                  EDIT - is there any way of reporting this to HMRC?
                  One of the DR docs has this email address:

Further advice
                  If you have any questions about this change, please contact the Income Tax Structure & Earnings Team by email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
                    If you have any questions about this change, please contact the Income Tax Structure & Earnings Team by email: [email protected]
                    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I've searched and searched for Elite Management Consultancy or Elite Contractor Care on google. There's no website.
                    Hopefully the OP will provide enough details to report this - or will report it them self.

Comment

Working...
                    X