• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“ELITE Contractor Care” please help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
    If you have any questions about this change, please contact the Income Tax Structure & Earnings Team by email: [email protected]
    <mod snip>
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:36.

Comment

Actually we should not be attacking the scheme providers; that is ultimately futile. We should be attacking the major corporation that is pushing its people towards them. Cut the providers off at the knees by removing their source of willing victims.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

This!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        How can I put this?

RUN AWAY!

Don't even contemplate about maybe thinking about joining.

Btw - who is your locum agency? They deserve to be named and shamed for promoting such schemes.
        This. If you are an IPSE member please get in touch and we'll have a look at warning others not to get caught in this scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Actually we should not be attacking the scheme providers; that is ultimately futile. We should be attacking the major corporation that is pushing its people towards them. Cut the providers off at the knees by removing their source of willing victims.
          I would like to see scheme providers attacked. Their advisers. Any corporation that pushes people towards them(no doubt they get a referral fee).

And HMRC if(when?) they do not fail to tackle them.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            I would like to see scheme providers attacked. Their advisers. Any corporation that pushes people towards them(no doubt they get a referral fee).

And HMRC if(when?) they do not fail to tackle them.
            The providers are largely beyond reach, even if you can identify them. Somewhere in the chain is a company outside UK's jurisdiction.

Ditto the advisors; they are usually part of the provider family.

Yes, attack the referrers - or at least educate them about the damage they're doing. Chances are they have no idea.

HMRC are attacking them, but they are restricted to UK-based users of the schemes who, as ony fule kno, are not actually the problem.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

<mod snip>
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:37.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                <mod snip>.
                The FSA ceased in 2013.

Its now the FCA, and from what i remember there is no need for Umbrella companies to be authorised. So the FCA wouldn't be able to do anything.

Just report them to HMRC.

I got offered their scheme a while ago by a colleague, something about getting a loan from your employer. Ill make sure i ask him in a year or two how he got on

Comment

Dodgy Tax Schemes

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  The providers are largely beyond reach, even if you can identify them. Somewhere in the chain is a company outside UK's jurisdiction.

Ditto the advisors; they are usually part of the provider family.

Yes, attack the referrers - or at least educate them about the damage they're doing. Chances are they have no idea.

HMRC are attacking them, but they are restricted to UK-based users of the schemes who, as ony fule kno, are not actually the problem.
                  <mod snip>
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 1 October 2018, 17:38.

Comment

There is a company using the same sales pitch email to nurses at the moment under the name Elite Synergy

Elite Synergy Wealth Management - the UK's leading wealth management company

Comment

Originally posted by Togoodtobetrue View Post
                      There is a company using the same sales pitch email to nurses at the moment under the name Elite Synergy

Elite Synergy Wealth Management - the UK's leading wealth management company
                      "UK's Leading Wealth Management company" - Thats a bold claim, i wonder what Barclays Wealth or JP Morgan would have to say about that

Comment

Working...
                      X