• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to Umbrella's - when should I get paid?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Umbrella's - when should I get paid?

Just started a contract through an Umbrella; there has been a slight hiccup in that timesheets through the Umbrella and internal (electronic for the end client) are not being matched. Consequently, those invoices raised by my Umbrella are sitting in limbo because the 2 timesheets are not being matched! The payroll team at the end client are trying to work around it, but in the meantime I have not been paid.

As I understand it, both from the Contract I have with the Umbrella and the advice posted here as a "Sticky" (Everything you needed to know about Umbrellas) I should be paid London Living or National Minimum Wage until the invoices from my Umbrella are actually paid by the end client. The difference over my day rate is then paid as a bonus (and all subject to the relevant deductions) once the invoice has cleared.

However, my Umbrella is now saying that they cannot even pay me LLW or NMW until the invoice is overdue! Is this correct? I have challenged them and am awaiting a response....

In the meantime, advice please (be gentle with me...)

Originally posted by Banshee View Post
    Just started a contract through an Umbrella; there has been a slight hiccup in that timesheets through the Umbrella and internal (electronic for the end client) are not being matched. Consequently, those invoices raised by my Umbrella are sitting in limbo because the 2 timesheets are not being matched! The payroll team at the end client are trying to work around it, but in the meantime I have not been paid.

As I understand it, both from the Contract I have with the Umbrella and the advice posted here as a "Sticky" (Everything you needed to know about Umbrellas) I should be paid London Living or National Minimum Wage until the invoices from my Umbrella are actually paid by the end client. The difference over my day rate is then paid as a bonus (and all subject to the relevant deductions) once the invoice has cleared.

However, my Umbrella is now saying that they cannot even pay me LLW or NMW until the invoice is overdue! Is this correct? I have challenged them and am awaiting a response....

In the meantime, advice please (be gentle with me...)
    Hi Banshee

The first question to ask is where the issue with the timesheet came from, was that an error on your part for entering them as different figures on the 2 systems, or was it an error on the part of the brolly or agency?

In terms of the payment, yes NMW would be due (but please check your contract) and this is only due when the invoice is past the due date.

HTHs

Comment

Have you spoken to the Umbrella company?

They should be able to advise you on timescales.

Most are pretty quick once they have all they need. Many process payments every.

So make sure you are on whoevers fault it is so they dont add futher delay to you.

If the umbrella offer same day payments this will be worth asking about, some have it free, others charge, you may be able to complain and get the charge removed.

Hope you get this sorted quickly.

Comment

Working...
      X