• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this a dodgey company ? advice please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a dodgey company ? advice please

I've been given the name of this umbrella by the agency are they a reputable company for those with more educated eyes ?

S&S Umbrella - A Company where efficiency meets trust

thanks a lot

Jonathan

Looks fairly normal. No alarm bells ringing.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Incorporated on 13 March 2017 and has just the one director and no CoSec (not illegal for a small company but I'd want to see that role for a company that could be handling a lot of cash).

I'd run a mile.

Comment

On further digging.

The sole director was, from March 2016, the director of ELHT RBH Ltd, which was voluntarily dissolved without any accounts ever being filed.

The company's address was the very same that S&S is registered at.

A bit of google street view reveals a very residential looking abode.

I'd still run a mile.

Comment

Two important things to know about umbrellas:

a) how to spell "dodgy" and

b) ContractorUmbrella are both safe and reliable, according to an awful lot of people.

HTH
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

This on its own is enough for me to get the barge pole out, never mind the other stuff -

S&S umbrella gives you exclusive access to the most tax efficient and compliant contractor tax solutions in the UK.

We offer a range of fully compliant services, providing flexibility to meet your personal circumstances and requirements.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              This on its own is enough for me to get the barge pole out, never mind the other stuff -
              The do also say however "S&S Umbrella offers a PAYE umbrella service only." I don't see any evidence at all of tax avoidance schemes - QC approved or not!

Obviously a young company so definitely needs credit checking and questions about funding.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The do also say however "S&S Umbrella offers a PAYE umbrella service only." I don't see any evidence at all of tax avoidance schemes - QC approved or not!

Obviously a young company so definitely needs credit checking and questions about funding.
                The two statements are entirely contradictory, you cannot have PAYE as well as tax efficient, unless, of course some of the pay is siphoned off and only some of it is paid PAYE. That's quite enough for me to get the barge pole out!
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                X