• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella paying into non-UK bank acccount, and a question about frequency of payments

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enrico200165 View Post
    In case it can be useful to people in the same situation ...

Had to choose an Umbrella company and wanted to be paid on my Italian account. Asked:

contractorumbrella:
    would have liked to use them given the very useful advice I found from them on this forum and other sites, and the very quick and good response I got by mail (Jamie?), but my agency asked to use umbrellas in their PSL. As it's important for me to get this contract I did not go into confrontation on this, this time

Parasol:
    flat no in real time chat. Based on the "tone" of the chat wonder wether it's really so or whether the person who answered didn't want to find out

Paystream:
    yes, with a fee for each payment, to me the fee seems very high, definetely excessive if payments are weekly.
    They told me that my agency pays weekly, so a question:

Is it possible for the Umbrella company to pay with a frequency different from that of the agency? In particular with a longer frequency (agency weekly, umbrella monthly)
    Would this be any use to you?

https://transferwise.com/gb/borderless/

Comment

Will try and see if it's possible. Thanks for the suggestion!
      Originally posted by moggy View Post
      Agency pays weekly when timesheets are submitted, why not just submit your weekly timesheets 4 weekly?

Comment

Yes, wondered everything and tried to ignore the PSL and propose contractorumbrella, read previous posts.
        Sorry, deleted PSL after (not)choosing.
        Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Which agencies are on the PSL? Have you wondered how much kickback the agent is getting from those umbrellas? Why not pick an umbrella then tell the agent that is the one you are going to use?

Comment

Working...
        X