• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dispensations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sounds as though your umbrella company has applied scale rates but the amounts that you have given are not those published within the benchmark scale rates from HMR&C HM Revenue & Customs: Revenue & Customs Brief 24/09
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      It sounds as though your umbrella company has applied scale rates but the amounts that you have given are not those published within the benchmark scale rates from HMR&C HM Revenue & Customs: Revenue & Customs Brief 24/09
      They say they have a 'special agreement' with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by mikedarv View Post
        They say they have a 'special agreement' with HMRC
        Unfortunately HMRC are not known for making agreements with anyone, special or otherwise I think if you asked for proof you would be sent a copy of their dispensation

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

There isn't anywhere for me to input the actual lunch amount so a £2 sandwich goes down as the full £7 dispensation amount.

For any potential investigation purposes would I be better just not ticking the box at all?

Comment

Got an email from them yesterday saying as of a few weeks they will be following the HMR&C benchmark rates and have dropped their 'special deal'

Comment

Originally posted by mikedarv View Post
              Got an email from them yesterday saying as of a few weeks they will be following the HMR&C benchmark rates and have dropped their 'special deal'
              Problem solved then

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Unfortunately HMRC are not known for making agreements with anyone, special or otherwise I think if you asked for proof you would be sent a copy of their dispensation
                Unless you're Vodaphone
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                  Unless you're Vodaphone
                  good point, well made

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                  X