• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recommend or Avoid any of these Umbrella Companies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend or Avoid any of these Umbrella Companies?

Hi,

My wife has just been offered some agency work and has a choice of the following Umbrella Companies to choose from:
    Orange Genie Group
    Racs Group
    Danbro
    Advance
    Generate Financial Services
    AZebra Pay
    i Group UK

Firstly if you speak to them ask them if they are passing on the kickback to her.
    Secondly, but should be firstly really, tell them thanks but no thanks and you would like to go with Contractor Umbrella, please raise the paperwork and send it to Lucy at CU.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can she use your limited company?

Comment

Brillo. I would prefer to keep her work separate to my Ltd company.

northerlad. Do agencies have the right to insist you use their preferred umbrella?

Comment

I believe so. They can chose who they want to business with if they want. They could argue they've on boarded these company's and done the relevant checks etc but it's more likely down to kick backs. It's their PSL for whatever reason.
          Some are open to new ones but not often.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 22 August 2017, 09:32.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nobody123 View Post
            Do agencies have the right to insist you use their preferred umbrella?
            They may insist, but always worth a try if you find a brolly you would like to work with. I have managed to argue the case for some of our contractors and been given exceptions. Either way, make sure you know exactly what you are getting from the umbrella. If you want me to send you our info, then you can always check to make sure they are doing things properly if you send a message to info@ on our site, I will pick this up and come back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              I believe so. They can chose who they want to business with if they want. They could argue they've on boarded these company's and done the relevant checks etc but it's more likely down to kick backs. It's their PSL for whatever reason.
              Some are open to new ones but not often.
              Or claim that the Umbrella Company "failed" compliance checks and push out the payment terms to 30 days from 10, despite being ok the month before. Dodgy barstewards

Comment

Thank you Lucy just email you.

Comment

If you are forced to use one of their panel of umbrella companies, most of these look fine. They will all pay you in the same way, only difference will be what they charge you and whether you like them.

Comment

Originally posted by mike67 View Post
                    If you are forced to use one of their panel of umbrella companies, most of these look fine. They will all pay you in the same way, only difference will be what they charge you and whether you like them.
                    All umbrella's "should" all pay in the same way but don't forget the crucial part of being able to explain it clearly enough that you know exactly what you are getting

Comment

Working...
                    X