• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

General question about invoices and umbrella companies

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General question about invoices and umbrella companies

As a freelancer I have been required to use an umbrella company to work for an agency. My question is I need to submit an invoice to the agency for them to pay the umbrella company however do I still declare this amount which I will have already paid tax for during my self assessment? Thanks

Originally posted by bosphorus View Post
    As a freelancer I have been required to use an umbrella company to work for an agency. My question is I need to submit an invoice to the agency for them to pay the umbrella company however do I still declare this amount which I will have already paid tax for during my self assessment? Thanks
    Oddly enough, the answer you got this morning still applies. You are no longer self employed. Get over it.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I'm lost. You are asking if you put the amount your limited company charges the agency on your personal self assessment?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not even that. No mention of a Ltd, that chap hasn't twigged that he's an employee of the umbrella.

The umbrella deals (or should deal) directly with the agency as they are his employer; no invoice from the OP is required. Taxes are already paid and he just needs to explain this on his SA.

Yep. Same answer to the same question. If you want further questions, use the first thread.

Thread locked.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
        X