• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella PSL list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LlareGgub View Post
    Unfortunately: Yes.
    If you know anyone who is looking for work, you could always help them by getting them the role if you don't want it. That might put you in good stead with the client for the future as well as having someone who owes you one.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
      I know you have that choice as I said it was more just to see if anyone had actually said no and left it.
      Yes, e.g. unacceptable T&C when running my PSC, or, specifically in this case, being "offered" choice of unacceptable brollies.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        If you know anyone who is looking for work, you could always help them by getting them the role if you don't want it. That might put you in good stead with the client for the future as well as having someone who owes you one.
        Certainly happy to do that. It's not dead yet - depends if agent will relent.

Comment

Originally posted by LlareGgub View Post
          Having contracted via Contractor Umbrella for several years, I am currently seeking to work through CU with an agency that is (understandably) pushing their PSL of brolly companies.
          Lisa from CU is trying to find a solution, but agency is beeing inflexible.

I am prepared to lose the gig rather than be forced to pick one of their preferred brollies over mine that I know & trust.

Have told the agent it is their loss if they will not be flexible enough to add a reputable brolly to their list.

Am also seeking other routes to the same contracts via other agencies.
          I would ask what the criteria is to get on their PSL.

We go through rigorous checks it's no easy task. Most Agencies spend months on the process.

FCSA accredited members is often one of the requirements, it gives the Agency comfort that the Umbrella is compliant.

You can rest assured then that you're in safe hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan@OrangeGenie View Post
            I would ask what the criteria is to get on their PSL.
            Always interested to hear what that is?

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
              Always interested to hear what that is?
              Your Business Development Manager is all over it..

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
                Your Business Development Manager is all over it..

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You'd lose a gig because you can't go with the brolly you want??
                  It depends on their PSL, doesn't it.

An agency I went through a few years ago (didn't bother me cause I was Ltd) pushed 'new' contractors on to their preferred 'Umbrella'. That umbrella was called 'Bedioun'. You may have heard of them.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    It depends on their PSL, doesn't it.

An agency I went through a few years ago (didn't bother me cause I was Ltd) pushed 'new' contractors on to their preferred 'Umbrella'. That umbrella was called 'Bedioun'. You may have heard of them.
                    That ended well then?

Comment

Working...
                    X