• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Appytech - Tax avoidance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appytech - Tax avoidance?

Just signed up to Appytech umbrella after being told they are a mutural. After my first weeks pay slip I am suspicious. Appytech was sent funds from my agent. On my pay slip only a quarter of these funds (£275) was shown and the corresponding tax deducted, which worked out hardly anything. The rest of my pay was paid separately. Although nearly £300 was deducted from my pay, this was not shown on my pay slip.
    This causes me suspicion. HMRC will see that I am not being deducted the correct amount of tax.
    Has anyone else had experience with Appytech??

Yes, Appytech is tax avoidance - it's not a standard umbrella and would be ineligible for All Umbrella Companies Are Equal (AUCAE) membership.

Here are more details: http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...ml#post2399959

You need to perform due diligence, as you are only a couple of weeks in I would contact HMRC to ask their advice regarding what you should do next.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by RJH75 View Post
      Just signed up to Appytech umbrella after being told they are a mutural.
      Which means absolutely nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by RJH75 View Post
        Has anyone else had experience with Appytech??
        If you need any help with a new set up - do say

Comment

Horrendously bad.

Appy tech fee is £5 for a reason. You really do get what you pay for!! A poor inadequate service, with staff members reluctant to deal with your queries, any attempt to make contact is ignored, dismissed and quintessentially left unresolved.
          The likes of Ed Lebbon, Sue, and Liz wing, whom you will inevitably be advised to speak to, are overwhelmingly patronising and condescending individuals they have no intention whatsoever of resolving your issue.
          They claim you receive a bespoke prestige service this cannot be further from the truth, they treat you with utter disrespect and have a total disregard for customer satisfaction the fee surely reflects this disgusting treatment. Your qualms will fall on deaf ears and they will most certainly consider you as a overbearing hindrance.
          Ultimately you are left chasing until you are left feeling exhausted and discarded.

P.s be mindful of your pay I have found Appy Tech to be quite deceitful, they deducted an additional £30 on two separate occasions. Your payslips may very well be altered and 'fiddled' with. Be careful. Avoid this disgraceful, despicable company!!!!!

Enjoy. Yours truly.

Comment

Working...
          X