• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there an umbrella company where you can choose your pension and other benefits?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Send them across to trawl through the ITEPA that should keep them busy for some time!

HMRC confirmed to us that if you are inside you are highly unlikely not to be caught by SDC but there may be the very slightest chance [emoji51] best speak direct with HMRC they are the only ones that can give a definitive answer!

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
      Send them across to trawl through the ITEPA that should keep them busy for some time!

HMRC confirmed to us that if you are inside you are highly unlikely not to be caught by SDC but there may be the very slightest chance [emoji51] best speak direct with HMRC they are the only ones that can give a definitive answer!
      Im having a mental block now. I thought if your PS client declared you inside IR35 then that was it - no expenses?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

See if this helps http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...allowable.html

Comment

DANBRO will do it.

Can pay what you want into pension scheme as salary sacrifice so savings on NI and tax. They also do salary sacrifice childcare vouchers.

Also, only £17 a week.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Im having a mental block now. I thought if your PS client declared you inside IR35 then that was it - no expenses?
            IR35 is the test for a LtdCo
            SDC is the test for a brolly

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              IR35 is the test for a LtdCo
              SDC is the test for a brolly
              And the public sector test for whether a contract is subject to IR35 is mainly based on SDC...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

AVC?

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                All you brolly users - do you manage to pay more than the minimum into pension via brolly?

Seems an ideal opportunity to me. Why not pay in more to save tax/NI?

Trouble is my existing brolly (Sterling- crap) only do the minimum into NEST. Other than that they only do AVCs (which negates any NI saving). I've asked a few others and it seems to be a common theme - i.e. we do the minimum because we have to by law but we're not really interested in doing anything else.
                I've just been enrolled into NEST on minimum contributions so about to ask them (umbrella.co.uk - didn't choose them - limited list of bad/have-to-do eggs) if I can contribute more. What's AVC I wanted to ask? Also, how do I know whether I'm better off going through them to increase pension pot or just sticking my cash in premium bonds until I'm in a perm role somewhere?! I telephoned them and it looks like any contribution into nest comes straight from my wage and they don't add anything. I suppose that's standard under a brolly, but I'm just trying to get to grips with it all...

Comment

Originally posted by Flips View Post
                  I've just been enrolled into NEST on minimum contributions so about to ask them (umbrella.co.uk - didn't choose them - limited list of bad/have-to-do eggs) if I can contribute more. What's AVC I wanted to ask? Also, how do I know whether I'm better off going through them to increase pension pot or just sticking my cash in premium bonds until I'm in a perm role somewhere?! I telephoned them and it looks like any contribution into nest comes straight from my wage and they don't add anything. I suppose that's standard under a brolly, but I'm just trying to get to grips with it all...
                  Do you have to go with them?

If you pay AVC, its basically a personal contribution but you get to save tax on it.

If its done as salary sacrifice/employer contribution you save employer ni, employee ni, AND tax. So much better.

Comment

I telephoned them and it looks like any contribution into nest comes straight from my wage and they don't add anything. I suppose that's standard under a brolly, but I'm just trying to get to grips with it all...
                    If it's salary sacrifice, then the Employers Contribution is deemed to come from the contract rate before your taxable salary is arrived at, so you should see both figures shown on your payslip. As psychocandy said if it is done in this way you will see the tax and NI savings

Comment

NEST

I've just gone brolly...there is tax releif on pension contributions just like ltd company which is good. My brolly company let me submit whatever I like as it doesn't matter to them. they get the flat weekly fee regardless of how you get paid. my brolly company also let me choose a pensions provider. However i just wonder why they are all choosing NEST? has anyone researched them? are they any good?

Comment

Working...
                      X