• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector and Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Sector and Umbrella

Just looking ahead to March and the coming changes to the way Public Sector contracting will work.
    Should I be renewed , as I'm an umbrella and not PSC- I assume that my umbrella would continue to deduct my PAYE, rather than my agency or Capita? Or is it still too early to say?

Thanks
    Last edited by misterpingu; 8 December 2016, 13:41.

Originally posted by misterpingu View Post
    Just looking ahead to March and the coming changes to the way Public Sector contracting will work.
    Should I be renewed , as I'm an umbrella and not PSC- I assume that my umbrella would continue to deduct my PAYE, rather than my agency or Capita? Or is it still too early to say?

Thanks
    I think in your case nothing changes.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

A couple of seconds reading the documentation comes up with this heading and comment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...brella-company

Umbrella Company

50.Where an umbrella company employs the worker directly and not through an intermediary, the new off-payroll rules do not apply. Some umbrella companies do not employ the worker directly and so this should be checked. If this is not the case then the normal rules apply.
      But if you are with a decent Umbrella they are your employer so should know the answer to this by now.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        A couple of seconds reading the documentation comes up with this heading and comment.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...brella-company

But if you are with a decent Umbrella they are your employer so should know the answer to this by now.

Thanks- didn't realise it was already out there in detail on gov.co.uk.

Comment

Nothing will alter for you if you are with a brolly, the IR35 legislation is not considered

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
            Nothing will alter for you if you are with a brolly, the IR35 legislation is not considered
            Hello Lucy- just checking you think this is still the case. A lot of info has come out since this reply!

Comment

Hello Lucy- just checking you think this is still the case. A lot of info has come out since this reply!
              Nothing has changed on the ir35 front, an umbrella user pays full PAYE so is not subject to ir35.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Honestly. You really should have a better grasp of the mechanism you use to get paid and what's happening around you rather than having to ask on a public for every two months. For a start you should be asking your umbrella, they are your employer and you should be able to understand how the changes affect it. Absolutely nothing has happened that will.

I already gave you the link to the information so you know where to go look and I already told you who's best to ask.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 10 February 2017, 08:00.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Honestly. You really should have a better grasp of the mechanism you use to get paid and what's happening around you rather than having to ask on a public for every two months. For a start you should be asking your umbrella, they are your employer and you should be able to understand how the changes affect it. Absolutely nothing has happened that will.

I already gave you the link to the information so you know where to go look and I already told you who's best to ask. This is bordering on the ridiculous.
                  And.... relax....

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    And.... relax....
                    I know but well... Mehhhh

Comment

Working...
                    X