• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public Sector and Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Nothing has changed on the ir35 front, an umbrella user pays full PAYE so is not subject to ir35.
    Thanks- yep totally get that. What worries me is some lunacy or any change upstream in the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Honestly. You really should have a better grasp of the mechanism you use to get paid and what's happening around you rather than having to ask on a public for every two months.
      Now, now... having spoken with so many people in the industry, both contractors and agencies, you would not believe the different opinions that are being given! It is worrying how often people misinterpret what is being said!

Comment

Originally posted by misterpingu View Post
        Hello Lucy- just checking you think this is still the case. A lot of info has come out since this reply!
        No the same still stands, this part of the Intermediaries Legislation is not applicable to umbrella's. As the majority have said, you are paid via PAYE, so in essence, HMRC are getting the taxes they want with no worries

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I think in your case nothing changes.
          Except that for your next contract you may find that your pay rate has been capped. For me this means a drop in the hourly rate of about £6ph (37.5 x 6 = £225 p/w or to put it another way £11,700 per annum - B'tards!!!)

Comment

Working...
          X