• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why is BestPay in the directory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    OK, so let's go back to your comment, what action would you like us to take to remove Opus Bestpay from a list that they are not on?
    It's a laughing matter to some that you resurrected a thread about a different company and produced a good rant.
    It should not matter now... A new thread has been posted to make sure the case is advertised and contractors are aware. The Loan Scheme is still going on, whether that is the same company or a different company, it doesn't matter. personally I find it VERY ODD that it is the same name [ OPUS ]?

Never mind, I am contacting Companies House and HMRC. The abuse of IT contractors is still going on because the Country is corrupt and the standards are low.

Contractor UK should blacklist ALL umbrellas using loan schemes it comes across. It is that simple! For heaven's sake! You guys DO KNOW that HMRC persecutes contractors who willing or unwillingly get signed up to pay loan schemes, don't you?

Contractor UK exists - I hope! - as a tool to help and protect contractors from potential malpractices?... Right? It should be one of the many reasons for its existence, right?

So, do something about it. Blacklist loan scheme umbrellas in a sticky thread. And advise contractors to run away from something which clearly HMRC is landing contractors in boiling hot water for.

Regards

PS: If the thread is presumed dead and should not be resurrected, then it should be up to the Forum administrators to close the thread. The tool is there to be used. I know about Forum administration too, you know!?
    Last edited by whattheheck; 12 February 2018, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by whattheheck View Post
      Why is this a laughing matter to you hmm?

Do you realise that OPUS BESTPAY is still issuing LOAN AGREEMENTS to contractors, who are obviously unaware, including myself?!

So why is the thread NOT RELEVANT today, TWO YEARS LATER, given the fact they are still doing this loan crap?!

You know... If having a laugh at the others' misery is all your intellect, kindness and contractor solidarity is capable of, you should consider limiting your remarks to the weather.

Best.
      Not quite in the league of the first rant, but close, very close
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

It should not matter now...
        It does, when you make false accusations about the forum.

So, do something about it.
        I shall. It's called giving people infractions.

I I know about Forum administration too, you know!?
        Congratulations.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Contractor UK should blacklist ALL umbrellas using loan schemes it comes across
          Why? And how?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Contractor UK should blacklist ALL umbrellas using loan schemes it comes across. It is that simple! For heaven's sake! You guys DO KNOW that HMRC persecutes contractors who willing or unwillingly get signed up to pay loan schemes, don't you?
            In the defence of CUK, they do not do any compliance review of any company mentioned on the forum, neither would it be worth their while. What you need to understand is even if a company undergoes an audit to show compliance, if they decide to change their practices the day after the audit is signed off, then there is no way of tracking this.... the audit would need to be done every day!

If you are going to use a company, is it not in your own interests to research that business before you trust them with your hard earned cash - just a thought

Comment

Working...
            X