• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC correct Clause 14 of T&S

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC correct Clause 14 of T&S

So HMRC have issued the Amendment to Clause 14: Travel expenses of workers providing services through intermediaries Not surprisingly they are going to apply this retrospectively from 6th April, so let's hope no-one has been caught by an umbrella company thinking it gave them an excuse to continue allowing expenses until they rewrote the mistake!

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
    So HMRC have issued the Amendment to Clause 14: Travel expenses of workers providing services through intermediaries Not surprisingly they are going to apply this retrospectively from 6th April, so let's hope no-one has been caught by an umbrella company thinking it gave them an excuse to continue allowing expenses until they rewrote the mistake!
    Only the contractor who sits next to me and didn't believe me. Given what he spends on expenses he's in for a shock
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Only the contractor who sits next to me and didn't believe me. Given what he spends on expenses he's in for a shock

Comment

Is it just me that can't help but smile a little inside when I read these stories? I'm a very bad man.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Is it just me that can't help but smile a little inside when I read these stories? I'm a very bad man.
          My viewpoint is I've warned him. Anything that happens afterwards is

It's worse than that as the umbrella (who will remain nameless but a thesaurus will give you the answer) are still saying they are happy to pay expenses provided you confirm you are not under S D & C by getting the end client to sign this paperwork...
          Last edited by eek; 16 June 2016, 08:20.

Comment

My viewpoint is I've warned him. Anything that happens afterwards is

It's worse than that as the umbrella (who will remain nameless but a thesaurus will give you the answer) are still saying they are happy to pay expenses provided you confirm you are not under S D & C by getting the end client to sign this paperwork...
            Has the brolly not read the clause which transfers debt to the directors????? Or are they banking on the claim that the documents were fraudulent? If they were hedging their bets they woud have to have documentation from the contractor, the end client, the agency and the whole world

Comment

Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
              Has the brolly not read the clause which transfers debt to the directors????? Or are they banking on the claim that the documents were fraudulent? If they were hedging their bets they woud have to have documentation from the contractor, the end client, the agency and the whole world
              I know that, you know that. And there is paperwork he's been asked to get signed by everyone and their aunt.

But as we all know it's a sham and I really cannot understand why any director would risk it but hey ho
              Last edited by eek; 16 June 2016, 08:58.

Comment

Working...
              X