• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Everything you ever wanted to know about umbrella companies but were afraid to ask...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't recommend either company as I've never come across TEK and Parasol while being long established I've heard some negative comments about.

That being said does 90% retention sound sensible or maybe far too good to be true? Just think about what the prevailing rate of tax is and do the basic sums add up?

Anyone signing up for a scheme these days really does need their head examining.

Comment

Obviously, you are right guys. For sure I do not thik that 90% is feasible staying in line with tax laws, although rates like 65% seem a little bit low!

I really thank you for your help, I will read as much as I can and I will come back.In the meanwhile, if anyone has something to propose , do not hesitate please.

Comment

Originally posted by igoutas View Post
        Obviously, you are right guys. For sure I do not thik that 90% is feasible staying in line with tax laws, although rates like 65% seem a little bit low!

I really thank you for your help, I will read as much as I can and I will come back.In the meanwhile, if anyone has something to propose , do not hesitate please.
        65% is about right for a normal umbrella.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Umbrella 65% or so
          Limited - 70% to 84% depending on rate, share structure and expenses..

Anything that isn't your own limited company and is offering much above 70% is probably illegal or pulling tricks... There was a great one a while back that not only screwed up your personal relationship with HMRC but also screwed up your pension....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Googling the director's full name brings up some interesting results.

Just saying......

Comment

Originally posted by One Click Group View Post
              Googling the director's full name brings up some interesting results.

Just saying......
              A connection with a company who's name sounds like a desert nomad's perchance?
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Not this time Lisa. More a link to something you do with a big reinforced ship in the Arctic.

Or something you do to get the atmosphere going at a party.

Comment

Not this time Lisa. More a link to something you do with a big reinforced ship in the Arctic.

Ok, you've lost me
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Play Agadoo by Blakc Lace?
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachme...4&d=1396242100
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X