• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does AWR affect working with brollies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does AWR affect working with brollies?

I found plenty of articles about AWR, but probably most (if not all) of them were written before this legislation came into force. Therefore they were mostly based on assumptions and predictions.

AWR is now in force, how does it affect me contracting under an umbrella?

Have you tried google?

http://www.contractoruk.com/agency_w...oring_awr.html

http://hamiltonbradbury.co.uk/compli...brella-safest/

Etc
    Last edited by northernladuk; 30 January 2016, 19:16.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes, I did. As I wrote: "I found plenty of articles about AWR, but probably most (if not all) of them were written before this legislation came into force". This article is dated 14th June 2011, while "Agency Workers Regulations, which are due to come into force on October 1st, 2011".

I'm asking about actual impact, not people's expectations.

Comment

Your entitlements under AWR, in terms of earnings, will depend on whether or not the umbrella company you work with operates a Swedish Derogation (or over-arching) contract or a pay comparator contract. Other than that you have Day 1 rights which means that you should have access to the same facilities as permanent staff such as canteens or childcare and you should be informed about job vacancies. You also have rights after 12 weeks which relate to pay and working time
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
        X