• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Software Developer - recommend a good Umbrella Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Software Developer - recommend a good Umbrella Company

Hi,

As per the title I am a Software Developer looking to start contracting full-time now and I need some recommendations for a good umbrella company that offers reasonable rates and won't rip me off.

Unfortunately I can't get a business bank account due to some bad CCJ's in the past so I can I get a limited company formed just not the business bank account that is needed.

Someone recommended an Umbrella Company however I have had mixed views on the matter with some colleagues saying to avoid them as the return is only slightly better than what I would get in a full-time role while others suggest the net pay is still much better.

I was freelancing on and off the past few months on a 0 hour contract through a friend and it was similar, I took a big hit but the returns were still good and I took home 2k more than what I would have in a full-time role.

Can anyone guide me in the right direction as I want to get going ideally by the end of the week prior to Christmas so I am ready to contract through end of December into the new year.

Thank you in advance for your help.

T

Well there is one name that springs to mind.....
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I'd recommend Contractor Umbrella. Mention NLUK when you call them and I'll split the referral bonus with you
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I'd recommend Contractor Umbrella. Mention NLUK when you call them and I'll split the referral bonus with you
        Can't believe you're prepared to give away half a packet of biscuits

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
          Can't believe you're prepared to give away half a packet of biscuits
          Blimey, you've improved the referral system considerably there then LOL... I'll take half a packet of biscuits over the past referral payments of Sweet Fanny Adams and that big box of Not On Your Nellie.

But seriously to the OP. Whilst not being a market leader in the referral bonuses CU are your best bet. Lisa and Lucy both post on here regularly with great advice and they've won the CUK awards in the past. Just have a browse in the this forum and you'll see....

Comment

.... and like a packet of biscuits are going to make it past you and Lucy and get to the post room intact...

Comment

.... and like a packet of biscuits are going to make it past you and Lucy and get to the post room intact...
              Least you get the wrapper....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Blimey, you've improved the referral system considerably there then LOL... I'll take half a packet of biscuits over the past referral payments of Sweet Fanny Adams and that big box of Not On Your Nellie.

But seriously to the OP. Whilst not being a market leader in the referral bonuses CU are your best bet. Lisa and Lucy both post on here regularly with great advice and they've won the CUK awards in the past. Just have a browse in the this forum and you'll see....
                I know that there's a compliment in there somewhere

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

You might be ok with biscuits - with jaffa cakes you'd have no chance, Lucy would rip your arm off for a jaffa cake

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Haha okay thanks will check them out.

Comment

Working...
                    X