• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'The Tax Month'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Tax Month'

When I submit my monthly timesheet at Parasol, I always have to complete it in two parts. 1-5th then 6th - end of month.

I queried why and they said:

"The timesheet is split to be in line with the tax month which runs from the 6th to 5th of each month so this is why when you are submitting the information in the portal it will split and show 1st October to 5th October and then 6th to 31st October."

Just wondering if other umbrellas do it like this?

No idea if others do. But it is unnecessary. Though of course they can have whatever systems they think are appropriate for how they operate.

I have never met an employer who does it that way though.

Comment

Absolutely no reason at all why it should be done like this other than to make reconciliations easier for the umbrella company - the payroll month runs from 6th of one month to the 5th of the next so aligning timesheets to those dates would save them time
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
      X