• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

International umbrella company for HK-based work, for UK client co?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International umbrella company for HK-based work, for UK client co?

Hi,

I'm looking for recommdations on international umbrella companies for when I move to Hong Kong at the end of November.

My current client in the UK is interested in me providing support from HK, and one option is to use an umbrella company. Arguably this is the simplest option available to me.

Also, I'm wondering what configurations are possible when I'm in HK:

Me > My Ltd Co > INTL Umbrella > Client Co in UK
    Me > INTL Umbrella > Client Co in UK

At the moment I'm looking up INTL umbrellas on the internet: CPM People, CXC Global, Liberty Bishop - but I'd rather factor in some real world experience from the contracting community!

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by ForBajor View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for recommdations on international umbrella companies for when I move to Hong Kong at the end of November.

My current client in the UK is interested in me providing support from HK, and one option is to use an umbrella company. Arguably this is the simplest option available to me.

Also, I'm wondering what configurations are possible when I'm in HK:

Me > My Ltd Co > INTL Umbrella > Client Co in UK
    Me > INTL Umbrella > Client Co in UK

At the moment I'm looking up INTL umbrellas on the internet: CPM People, CXC Global, Liberty Bishop - but I'd rather factor in some real world experience from the contracting community!

Thanks in advance!
    Pardon my naivety...but is there anything preventing you from setting up a Ltd.Co. in HK and entering into a contract with the Client Co.? (I assume "My Ltd. Co" is to be taken as "My UK Ltd. Co")
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
    X