• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini portable speakers for phone/iPad - any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini portable speakers for phone/iPad - any good?

I was looking at things like this in the £5-15 range, as a stocking-filler for the wife - she currently sticks her iPhone in an empty glass (in the kitchen, she likes to sing while making me my dinner )

Obviously this is not going to be like a HiFi or even a docking station, but is a speaker like this going to be substantially better than the built-in speakers in the phone/tablet itself... that's all we need as there isn't space for a docking station. The portability compared to a pair of cheap PC speakers is the main draw, it can be chucked in a drawer or window-sill when not in use.

Anyone got one?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I was looking at things like this in the £5-15 range, as a stocking-filler for the wife - she currently sticks her iPhone in an empty glass (in the kitchen, she likes to sing while making me my dinner )

Obviously this is not going to be like a HiFi or even a docking station, but is a speaker like this going to be substantially better than the built-in speakers in the phone/tablet itself... that's all we need as there isn't space for a docking station. The portability compared to a pair of cheap PC speakers is the main draw, it can be chucked in a drawer or window-sill when not in use.

Anyone got one?
    £5-15? Your a contractor man get here these

Comment

Anyone got one?
      We were on a stag do and had a couple of there http://www.amazon.co.uk/TECEVO-Porta...+beats+speaker

They seemed to last and you could hear the tunes on a coach. Portable, usb charge, main operated also take a micro sd card.

Comment

I thought you filled her stockings on a Thursday night when Samantha comes out to play?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you shop at Tesco (or have a Tesco credit card) then there are a range of reasonable looking ones available via clubcard deals, so you only pay 1/3 of the price.
          I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            If you shop at Tesco (or have a Tesco credit card) then there are a range of reasonable looking ones available via clubcard deals, so you only pay 1/3 of the price.
            Handy to know, we've loads of those vouchers that normally only get used in restaurant chains.

Comment

Handy to know, we've loads of those vouchers that normally only get used in restaurant chains.
              Your local tesco had some animal shaped ones for a tenner on Saturday (my daughter wanted one)....

They will probably sound crap but would make a suitable cheap present....
              Last edited by eek; 4 November 2013, 12:20.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ha. Well, I have figured I'll get one of those I linked to as it's so cheap, I can get something better if needed. The reviews seem decent and it is only to give a step up from listening to music through the built-in phone/tablet speakers, if it meets that requirement it's good enough.

Comment

Working...
                X