• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never go near the apple shop after being told your invoice has been paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never go near the apple shop after being told your invoice has been paid

I'm now the proud owner of an iPad mini 32gb in black which was the lowest spec available.

Blooming heck it doesn't weigh much. My kindle weighs more
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

same here, unfortunately.
    For a highly paid contractor it was in the impulse buy zone and of course I managed to convince myself that I need it for work, which I don't.
    iPad mini could indeed replace the Kindle as outside of home I don't read for stretches longer than 1 hours, usually, but the low ppi is killing it from a pure reading experience POV.
    Having said that it's now more likely that I will be taking the mini on the business trips and commutes as it's so much more versatile and could technically serve as backup computer or phone.
    One thing I have found particularly pleasant is thumb typing in portrait mode, in general this is a very good development and a step in the right direction.

Update: just found out that mini has 5GHz wi-fi radios (as opposed to Nexus 7). In my crowded env it makes a lot of diffrence when streaming stuff over LAN or the Internet - on 2.4GHz I can only get 2-4mbit due to signal noise from other networks, on I pad mini, I just checked and it's a healthy 45mbit/s using speedtest.net
    Last edited by yasockie; 7 November 2012, 15:47. Reason: wifi tests

Comment

Working...
    X