• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tapatalk 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    I hate "mobile versions" of the vast majority of websites. This is 2012, and like most people I have a fully-functional smartphone. It was bad enough trying to use the internet via WAP ten years ago. Please don't try and emulate that disappointing experience across 3G/4G!

Most mobile sites are appallingly-designed, with a seemingly-pathological compulsion on the part of their developers to catapult you back into the mobile version at every turn. Plus they make no distinction between Android tablets and Android phones, which makes using a tablet a frustrating experience. And if you select the "show me the un-mangled desktop site" link hidden away at the bottom of the page, some developers lazily take you out to the main page of their site rather than to the full version of the page you were looking at when you clicked the link. Grrrrr!

And as for sites that deface their content with a full-screen "Would you like to download our Android/iPhone App!!!!1111!!?" popup. Every. Single. Time. You. Visit. Give me strength. Do you know I wouldn't like to download special software merely to visit a website?

So, dear admin and Nick, please, please, please don't implement a mobile CUK site. Or, unlike most sites that have a mobile version, if you do at least please make judicious use of Cookies so that those of us who hate getting noddy CEEFAX-versions of sites on our smartphones can turn it off once and once only and have that preference respected thereafter.
    Will have a look at it, agree it should honour the fact it has been declined.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Maybe you should ask in Accounting if you can claim it as an expense?
    I wouldn't want to incur the wrath of any Daily Mail readers... (of course I expenced it!)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Wicked - was just going to have a look. Slightly annoyed at having to pay for iPad and Android apps but at less that a fiver I guess I shouldn't be too peeved
    Maybe you should ask in Accounting if you can claim it as an expense?

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Not worth getting then, thanks guys. It'd be nice to have a an Android version of this forum if possible
    I hate "mobile versions" of the vast majority of websites. This is 2012, and like most people I have a fully-functional smartphone. It was bad enough trying to use the internet via WAP ten years ago. Please don't try and emulate that disappointing experience across 3G/4G!

Most mobile sites are appallingly-designed, with a seemingly-pathological compulsion on the part of their developers to catapult you back into the mobile version at every turn. Plus they make no distinction between Android tablets and Android phones, which makes using a tablet a frustrating experience. And if you select the "show me the un-mangled desktop site" link hidden away at the bottom of the page, some developers lazily take you out to the main page of their site rather than to the full version of the page you were looking at when you clicked the link. Grrrrr!

And as for sites that deface their content with a full-screen "Would you like to download our Android/iPhone App!!!!1111!!?" popup. Every. Single. Time. You. Visit. Give me strength. Do you know I wouldn't like to download special software merely to visit a website?

So, dear admin and Nick, please, please, please don't implement a mobile CUK site. Or, unlike most sites that have a mobile version, if you do at least please make judicious use of Cookies so that those of us who hate getting noddy CEEFAX-versions of sites on our smartphones can turn it off once and once only and have that preference respected thereafter.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Re: Tapatalk 2

Testing again, this time with the signature removed in the settings :-)

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Re: Tapatalk 2

Testing

(I manually deleted the signature)

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Flipping heck, you can still Mod on it.

Well I'm a convert.
    Wicked - was just going to have a look. Slightly annoyed at having to pay for iPad and Android apps but at less that a fiver I guess I shouldn't be too peeved

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Tapatalk 2

Flipping heck, you can still Mod on it.

Well I'm a convert.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    What are you all doing, says your all 'Via Tapatalk', what am I missing out on?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Tapatalk 2

Now turning signature off!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Tapatalk 2

Looks good to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment: